GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 13 18, 8:16 pm 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11479
Location: Illinois
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
Sure, $1400 a month is not a bad price, but read the fine print. Mike Matheny is the building manager.



Real estate is his passion.

Also this is making me realize how much I want to get a house (and how very far off I am.)



It's over rated. lol I've either got to spend a small fortune this year fixing the last retaining wall I need to fix or spend half my summer doing it myself. I haven't decided which yet but I dread both outcomes. It's always something with a house too. Always.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 14 18, 8:57 am 
Offline
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
Posts: 2353
Location: Cherokee
misterManager wrote:
PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.

But you presumably live in a city with a more vibrant downtown? Or perhaps one where there's not a sizeable homeless encampment like five blocks away? Or a disgusting semi-abandoned railway /industrial area just down the road? Or Murderville staring at you from across the river? I mean, if there's going to be investment in the city, I can think a few places I'd rather see it than a block of luxury flats next to the ballpark.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 14 18, 9:00 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36901
Location: Huis Clos
Famous Mortimer wrote:
misterManager wrote:
PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.

But you presumably live in a city with a more vibrant downtown? Or perhaps one where there's not a sizeable homeless encampment like five blocks away? Or a disgusting semi-abandoned railway /industrial area just down the road? Or Murderville staring at you from across the river? I mean, if there's going to be investment in the city, I can think a few places I'd rather see it than a block of luxury flats next to the ballpark.

I see the newcomer to our fair city is enchanted by its many charms.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 15 18, 9:53 am 
Offline
Everday Unicorn
User avatar

Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Posts: 34787
Location: Austin, TX
Those things may all be true, Mortimer, but have you tried the frozen custard? How about the toasted ravioli?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 15 18, 10:38 am 
Offline
gone fission
User avatar

Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Posts: 7965
Location: Twin Cities, MN
heyzeus wrote:
Those things may all be true, Mortimer, but have you tried the frozen custard? How about the toasted ravioli?


Screw those and go for the gooey butter cake.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 15 18, 11:11 am 
Offline
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
Posts: 2353
Location: Cherokee
I love St Louis, and am very glad I'm living here, but certain bits of it could definitely do with some sprucing up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 15 18, 1:11 pm 
Offline
Veteran Player
User avatar

Joined: December 7 17, 11:58 pm
Posts: 560
Everything about St. Louis and the surrounding area is pretty great imo...except downtown.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 15 18, 1:29 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: October 8 14, 11:41 am
Posts: 4008
Momo wrote:
Everything about St. Louis and the surrounding area is pretty great imo...except downtown.

I think the exact opposite, FWIW. I rarely go west of Hampton, north of 40, or south of Chippewa except if I have to go to the airport or something like that. Downtown has everything I need and, this may shock some, but I have never been murdered in all the time I spend downtown.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 15 18, 1:30 pm 
Offline
Veteran Player
User avatar

Joined: December 7 17, 11:58 pm
Posts: 560
Hoot45 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Everything about St. Louis and the surrounding area is pretty great imo...except downtown.

I think the exact opposite, FWIW. I rarely go west of Hampton, north of 40, or south of Chippewa except if I have to go to the airport or something like that. Downtown has everything I need and, this may shock some, but I have never been murdered in all the time I spend downtown.

I've never had a fear of being murdered downtown honestly, but I certainly don't enjoy downtown St. Louis compared to most large metro downtowns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 15 18, 1:36 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: July 29 06, 6:26 pm
Posts: 5531
Hoot45 wrote:
Momo wrote:
Everything about St. Louis and the surrounding area is pretty great imo...except downtown.

I think the exact opposite, FWIW. I rarely go west of Hampton, north of 40, or south of Chippewa except if I have to go to the airport or something like that. Downtown has everything I need and, this may shock some, but I have never been murdered in all the time I spend downtown.


That sounds like something someone who was murdered and doesn't want people to know about it would say.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CardsofSTL, danh35, dmarx114, Felix The Cat, Gashouse, HardcoreCardsFan, Michael, MinorLeagueGuy, Pudgelewis, Socnorb11, stlouie_lipp and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group