Nationals Acquire Adam Eaton

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Re: Nationals Close To Acquiring Adam Eaton

Post by Fat Strat »

Just presenting this without commentary for your viewing pleasure. I'm sure the comments will be amazing (on Twitter, not here).

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Tim wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:This is complete insanity.
We might never sign/trade for a significant player again. The trade/FA landscape is beyond ridiculous.

Honestly, Mo would be better off just building through the draft than giving 5 years to guys like Ian Desmond and emptying the farm system for the likes of Adam Eaton.

I want no part of Cain or Blackmon either at these kids of prices.

Long live Tommy Pham!
You might be onto something.
82 wins and championed mediocrity.

Are you advocating that the Cardinals do Reyes + Weaver + Gomber in exchange for guys like Eaton?

I think Fat is right.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Socnorb11 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Tim wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:This is complete insanity.
We might never sign/trade for a significant player again. The trade/FA landscape is beyond ridiculous.

Honestly, Mo would be better off just building through the draft than giving 5 years to guys like Ian Desmond and emptying the farm system for the likes of Adam Eaton.

I want no part of Cain or Blackmon either at these kids of prices.

Long live Tommy Pham!
You might be onto something.
82 wins and championed mediocrity.

Are you advocating that the Cardinals do Reyes + Weaver + Gomber in exchange for guys like Eaton?

I think Fat is right.
Nope. I never have. I've advocated and will continue advocating signing Fowler and saying F the draft pick.

Doing nothing because it's fiscally prudent won't sit well with me.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Wonder what we could get for marp

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

go birds wrote:Wonder what we could get for marp
A lot.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Sweet chocolate Jebus. Eaton is a nice player and all but that package for him is ridonculous.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Also, I think the Nats overpaid by a lot, but let's not act like there's not a disconnect on our end either. A good number of y'all balked at including the 11th rated prospect in our system-- not in baseball, just our system-- for a guy who fetched a top 5 and a top 50 overall prospect.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

I can understand saying the team needs to adjust to spending more for free agents. But no matter what changes in MLB, it will never make sense for a team to trade 3 of their top 10 prospects for an Adam Eaton.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Also, I think the Nats overpaid by a lot, but let's not act like there's not a disconnect on our end either. A good number of y'all balked at including the 11th rated prospect in our system-- not in baseball, just our system-- for a guy who fetched a top 5 and a top 50 overall prospect.
You're comparing internet baseball posters with the real actions of an MLB franchise. That's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and monkey turds.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

So if we think we are 10+ wins behind the Cubs on paper, and it doesn't make a difference if you miss a wild card spot by 1 win or 15 wins, is the better option for the Cardinals this winter to actually shop some of their more attractive players that may not be core guys 2-3 years from now?

Marp? Lynn? Wong? Heck even throw Piscotty and Diaz out there as options, and see who nibbles. This may just be a dynamite trade market this winter with the free agent class being so poor.