Cardinals sign Dexter Fowler

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: Cardinals sign Dexter Fowler

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

TigCards wrote:Free Dexter !
This should be the FO's slogan going into the meetings.

Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Post by Birdfan57 »

TigCards wrote:Free Dexter !
Please free Dexter. How would he like Japan or Korea?

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

As much as I enjoy debates about late stage capitalism, let’s take that to the politics forum.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

Fat Strat wrote:When is the last time the Cards went out and got the upper-end player they were publicly chasing?

Matt Holliday is the guy who comes to mind, but he had already been a Cardinal. Before that... I don't even know.

I'm all for this signing, but it is kind of ironic to me that the one time the Cards go "over the top" to get the player they are publicly chasing, it's Dexter Fowler. Not David Price or Jason Heyward or even Jason Schmidt. Dexter Fowler.
You can't kill Mo for the Fowler signing now if you were all for it when it happened.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

dmarx114 wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:When is the last time the Cards went out and got the upper-end player they were publicly chasing?

Matt Holliday is the guy who comes to mind, but he had already been a Cardinal. Before that... I don't even know.

I'm all for this signing, but it is kind of ironic to me that the one time the Cards go "over the top" to get the player they are publicly chasing, it's Dexter Fowler. Not David Price or Jason Heyward or even Jason Schmidt. Dexter Fowler.
You can't kill Mo for the Fowler signing now if you were all for it when it happened.
#1, I don't recall Fat ripping the signing of fowler specifically now

#2, you have a reading comprehension problem I fear; may want to read what you quoted from Fat in it's entirety again for context

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

cardsfantx wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:

#2, you have a reading comprehension problem I fear; may want to read what you quoted from Fat in it's entirety again for context
He said in the assets thread that it was "not a good signing."

He said in this thread he was "all for this signing."

I don't think you have any reason to fear, lol.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

dmarx114 wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:

again read this post in it's entirety, and Fat's post in the assests thread in it's entirety

you can't pick out a particular sentence from each, and act like they contradict each other and try to "burn" "gotcha" whatever you do when you bump these threads...by doing so, it appears you have a reading comprehension problem, as you're obv not reading entire passages and getting the full context

so this bump makes no sense

but don't let me stop you; carry on....you do you

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

dmarx114 wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:

Can't believe I'm taking the bait here; he said in the other thread :
The Fowler signing was not a good decision. Wasn't terrible, but not good.
He said here he was for it but the implication is he wasn't all that impressed with Fowler.

So yes, he can say the decision was not good now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

cardsfantx wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:

again read this post in it's entirety, and Fat's post in the assests thread in it's entirety

you can't pick out a particular sentence from each, and act like they contradict each other and try to "burn" "gotcha" whatever you do when you bump these threads...by doing so, it appears you have a reading comprehension problem, as you're obv not reading entire passages and getting the full context

so this bump makes no sense

but don't let me stop you; carry on....you do you
Oh, it's no act. It's definitely a contradiction.

If people are going to cite examples as to why Mo should be fired, they need to consistent all the way through.

If BAS wants Mo fired for the Pham trade, I can't argue against that. He spoke up day 1 on that deal, and is looking like he will be proven right.

But I am sorry, you can't be in favor of a signing 3 years ago and then use that same signing as a reason the GM should be fired today.