Cardinals sign Dexter Fowler

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Re: Cardinals sign Dexter Fowler

Post by TheoSqua »

heyzeus wrote:btw, as far as "maintaining credibility," Fat Strat has as much or more of that than any poster in the history of GRB.

Speaking of credibility, bumping a thread for gotcha posting on probably the most respected poster on the forum is a good way to lose the credibility you have.

I honestly don't want to call out dmarx specifically, because I think it's a bigger problem than just one or two posters. Recently the forum has turned very polarizing. And it seems more important to be "right on the internet" than it does to have respectful baseball conversation. I made the joke to johnconrad that he could go post on card talk. I went so far as to give him a link. When I grabbed the link i read some of the headlines and it was really disappointing to see that the conversation happening on this forum felt more negative and "cards talk" like than what I saw on Cards Talk.

Here is a reminder on the posting guidelines we established as the Cardinals started tailing off from their super successful decade. These guidelines still apply:
- Posters are allowed to be frustrated with the team, criticize management, and disagree with the direction of the team.
- Posters are allowed to defend the team, be sympathetic to the challenges of managing with the team, and disagree with some of the criticism.
- Doing either to a fault, posting just to disagree without adding to the conversation, or attacking individual posters is not going to be tolerated. Us mods aren't perfect judges, but we're going to do our best to keep the forum a fun place to visit.
Every poster here, honestly ask yourself if you feel like some of the posts you've been making here makes this a fun place to visit. Because if it's not, even if it makes you feel more "right", all your doing is contributing to losing a place you enjoy visiting to discuss baseball.