Bagwell, Raines, Pudge Elected To HOF

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Kincaid
Veteran Player

Re: Bagwell, Raines, Pudge Elected To HOF

Post by Kincaid »

Keri's and Tango's interests regarding the Expos are pretty well aligned.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Kincaid wrote:Keri's and Tango's interests regarding the Expos are pretty well aligned.
Ah, I didn't know about Tango.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Rieges wrote:I don't have a huge issue with Raines getting in but amazing that he and Kenny Lofton have very similar stats and Lofton fell off on the first ballot if I remember correctly. It's also interesting to me that Raines gets a pass for admitting to using Coke before games but many get sanctimonious over the steroid stuff.
Lofton's the only player in history to add 100 runs each at the plate, on the bases and in the field. It's a shame he got dismissed so quickly.

Raines also admitted he had a problem, got help, and kicked it in pretty short order.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Magneto2.0 wrote:Btw, Curt Schilling Twitter Beefing with a fake Sidney Ponson account is the greatest thing to come from this

LOL, I didn't see this until now. The real Erik Bedard is at @Erik_Bedard but he doesn't tweet anymore.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

He's probably still getting ready to throw the next pitch.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Mary1966 wrote:
Magneto2.0 wrote:Btw, Curt Schilling Twitter Beefing with a fake Sidney Ponson account is the greatest thing to come from this

LOL, I didn't see this until now. The real Erik Bedard is at @Erik_Bedard but he doesn't tweet anymore.
Exactly. And if Schilling got wise by reading GRB, he'd have known the real Sidney Ponson is too busy fishing, polishing his 06 WS ring and livin the good life in Aruba.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Kincaid wrote:Keri's and Tango's interests regarding the Expos are pretty well aligned.
Jonah is promising a hell of a Cooperstown party on social media and on our private Raines30 group on Yahoo.

Rieges
Veteran Player

Post by Rieges »

themiddle54 wrote:
Rieges wrote:I don't have a huge issue with Raines getting in but amazing that he and Kenny Lofton have very similar stats and Lofton fell off on the first ballot if I remember correctly. It's also interesting to me that Raines gets a pass for admitting to using Coke before games but many get sanctimonious over the steroid stuff.
Lofton's the only player in history to add 100 runs each at the plate, on the bases and in the field. It's a shame he got dismissed so quickly.

Raines also admitted he had a problem, got help, and kicked it in pretty short order.
Personally I have no problem with the drug stuff. I just get annoyed with anti-steroid crowd who conveniently ignore facts that don't fit their agenda.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Erik Bedard's Twitter account has come back from the dead: he just started following Texas Rangers catcher Robinson Chirinos.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Lol