"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Update: The Cubs think everybody is cheating

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

DENNY CRANE!

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Farewell Friends wrote:I just don't understand what Bosio is trying to accomplish. I can't recall a manager or pitching coach publicly accusing another player of using steroids?

ETA: There's nothing remotely unlikable about any of the Cubs' players (I might be the only person who likes Lackey), so maybe Bosio is trying to balance it out.
I imagine there isn't really an endgame, it's probably more media naiveté than anything. I've wanted to hear more from him the last couple years because I find the success he's had as a pitching coach really interesting, and outside of an infrequent interview here or there he's not really a sound bite type of guy. Having a weekly segment on local radio is probably beyond his ability to not put his foot in his mouth.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Going back to whitesigngate. I'm curious - has anyone looked into the offending signage and whether it is commonly used around MLB stadiums? Or did the Cards just use wite-out to mess with Baez? Do we need an independent investigator assigned?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote:Going back to whitesigngate. I'm curious - has anyone looked into the offending signage and whether it is commonly used around MLB stadiums? Or did the Cards just use wite-out to mess with Baez? Do we need an independent investigator assigned?

It was an MLB sign; I think they said after the game they were going to change it. If I recall the Cubs claimed it was only on display while they were in the field; not sure if that is true or not; nor do I think it should be such a big deal. Baez was moving toward 2nd base when the ball was hit; the reason he missed it was because he had to change directions. They can use the I didn't see it because of the sign excuse all they want but I think it is just that; an excuse.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I just figured out why I can't field a single ball early in the softball season. It's all the pasty white people hanging around behind the backstop and side lines. They don't have tans yet and I lose the ball in their pasty white legs.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Radbird wrote:Going back to whitesigngate. I'm curious - has anyone looked into the offending signage and whether it is commonly used around MLB stadiums? Or did the Cards just use wite-out to mess with Baez? Do we need an independent investigator assigned?
There was a screenshot of Wrigley during the Cubs first series there this season...with large white signs in the same place they complained about in Busch. Yawn .

TimChopsula
Veteran Player

Post by TimChopsula »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
Farewell Friends wrote:I just don't understand what Bosio is trying to accomplish. I can't recall a manager or pitching coach publicly accusing another player of using steroids?

ETA: There's nothing remotely unlikable about any of the Cubs' players (I might be the only person who likes Lackey), so maybe Bosio is trying to balance it out.
I imagine there isn't really an endgame, it's probably more media naiveté than anything. I've wanted to hear more from him the last couple years because I find the success he's had as a pitching coach really interesting, and outside of an infrequent interview here or there he's not really a sound bite type of guy. Having a weekly segment on local radio is probably beyond his ability to not put his foot in his mouth.
He's a sound bite guy now.

zac
Fringe Major League Player

Post by zac »

Whatever. I think it's stupid for Bosio to make a big deal of it as I bet many of the Cub pitchers and or catchers are doing similar things. The only Cardinals I've called out were Steve Kline and Julien Tavares. With those guys it was so overtly obvious. Tavares had the pine tar streak on his cap and touched it before every pitch. There was one game in which one of those clowns got tossed due to the hat issue, only to be wearing the same [expletive] hat in his next appearance.

Pitchers and catchers have been doing this for decades and I just assume everyone does it to a degree. I just don't like it when the obvious cheaters aren't at least forced to be smarter/find subtler ways to get away with it.

HardcoreCardsFan
All-Star

Post by HardcoreCardsFan »

"Critical Cubs Can't Stop Complaining"

http://archcitysports.com/2017/04/24/cr ... mplaining/