Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Pitch Talks

Post by Famous Mortimer »

tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Pitch Talks

Post by tlombard »

Sounded interesting until I saw the first name. I'm not paying $26 for anything where I might have to listen to Ben Hochman try and talk baseball.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Thanks for sharing this. Hadn't heard about it. If I'm not out of town for work I'll probably try and go.

Derrick Goold is on the panel and he will keep Benjamin Hochman in line.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Sounds interesting but not sure if I really care that much to have a night out at a club for a baseball panel. I I go to a club like The Pageant I want it to be a rock show.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

JoeMcKim wrote:Sounds interesting but not sure if I really care that much to have a night out at a club for a baseball panel. I I go to a club like The Pageant I want it to be a rock show.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Mrs Mortimer has decided that it's probably not the thing for her, so I have a ticket going spare now. First dibs will go to anyone who's able to give me a lift back to downtown after the show, should there be dozens of you wanting it.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

You can ask about Tyler Dunnington and make Goold's head explode, I'm sure.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

It was actually really good - Hoot45, you'd have been sad because Goold and Hochman were on different panels (it was two groups of four, each on for about an hour). Brad Thompson was funny, lots of them were interesting, and they had an interesting chat about PEDs and the Hall of Fame that glossed over their own lack of reporting on the issue - Ortiz at least said that a few players lied to him.

I won the tickets via a Redbird Rants writer, and I approached her afterwards to thank her. I'm reasonably sure she didn't understand a word I said :(

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Thanks for the report! Glad to hear it was interesting even though Goold wasn't set up to keep Hochman in line :-)