The Albert Pujols milestone thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: The Albert Pujols milestone thread

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Yes, "personal services" part of the contract ensures it'll be as an Angel.
lol no

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Tiresome=ppl who are absolutely sure about stuff that they don’t know the answer to

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

That swing.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

lukethedrifter wrote:Tiresome=ppl who are absolutely sure about stuff that they don’t know the answer to
Confident opinion, more like, like others in the thread voiced.

Derrick Goold:
What this means — or, rather, what this allows — is that when he is elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, when he visits Cooperstown, N.Y. for his personal tour, and when he talks with the Hall about the logo that will appear on his hat, he will likely be doing so as an employee of the Angels.
And I see no reason why Pujols would not take that option. 10 million for such an easy gig would be weird to say no to.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Doesn't the HoF choose a players hat now? I thought they made a change to how hats are selected and the player now has less input than they did previously.

EDIT: looks like it's always been that way:
According to Idelson, the cap decision is made by the Hall of Fame's senior staff and research team. "They'll look at a player's career numbers and look at the impact, and quite honestly, it's usually a no-brainer," Idelson told ESPN. "Then we have a conversation with the player, because we wouldn't do something unilaterally."
https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2018/01 ... _fame.html

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

TheoSqua wrote:Doesn't the HoF choose a players hat now? I thought they made a change to how hats are selected and the player now has less input than they did previously.

According to Idelson, the cap decision is made by the Hall of Fame's senior staff and research team. "They'll look at a player's career numbers and look at the impact, and quite honestly, it's usually a no-brainer," Idelson told ESPN. "Then we have a conversation with the player, because we wouldn't do something unilaterally."
I think they just do what the players want. La Russa asked for blank, they gave it. Baines and Smith both got the hats they asked for.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
TheoSqua wrote:Doesn't the HoF choose a players hat now? I thought they made a change to how hats are selected and the player now has less input than they did previously.

I think they just do what the players want. La Russa asked for blank, they gave it. Baines and Smith both got the hats they asked for.
Boggs didn't.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:

"I think." Seriously?

The link tells you how it [expletive] works.

Pujols is a Cardinal in the HOF, no question.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Boggs didn't.
He asked for Sox and got it. What do you know that I don't?

Boggs chose in 2005 to wear a Red Sox cap on his plaque in Cooperstown because he was drafted by Boston and spent more than 16 years in the organization. He also played five seasons with the Yankees before spending his final two years with the expansion Devil Rays.