Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Matt Adams Success in Atlanta

Post by Radbird »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Johnconrad wrote:Awesome

Matheny was clearly ahead of his time
I may need to take a month off from this board if I am starting to find John expletiving Conrad humorous.
Per your GDT Master contract, the only months you can take off are December and January.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Johnconrad wrote:Awesome

Matheny was clearly ahead of his time
I may need to take a month off from this board if I am starting to find John expletiving Conrad humorous.
Per your GDT Master contract, the only months you can take off are December and January.
Always read the fine print.....

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

He left the game with dizziness.

Jokes write themselves.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

TKDC
12:23
Are you surprised the Braves seemingly abandoned the Freddie Freeman: third baseman experiment so quickly? The incredibly SSS data say he's okay and the eye test says he looked a bit rigid and uncomfortable at times but definitely capable. Also, if you move him back to first and put Adams in the outfield, there is no way that is a net positive, right?

Dave Cameron
12:24
Yeah, it's kind of weird that they're trying Adams in left again, but maybe they realize that he's not a regular on a good team, so he'll just go back to being a bench guy when Kemp comes back.

Brent
12:24
Please show me the logic in sticking Matt Adams in LF. I know we have too many inf on the roster, but part of that is their own fault. They rushed S Rod back, who hasn't found his swing yet and/or still isn't 100%, and Albies did not have to be promoted. He's hit better since his ugly start but he wasn't dominating. What am I missing?

Dave Cameron
12:25
I don't know. I don't really get it either. Felt like Phillips could have been an August trade guy, so not sure why they had to bring Albies up before moving him.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

"WEER R ALL U ADAMS LOVERS NOW?"

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Anyone know why Atlanta decided to quit developing Matt Adams? He's hitting .248 .283 .410 .693 over the last month and a half with THREE BOMBS. Doesn't make any sense. If they're going to quit coaching the guy who PUSHED FREEMAN OFF FIRST BASE you'd think they'd AT LEAST trade him for a haul of prospects at the deadline because they're REAL TALENT EVALUATORS! Coppolol is a joke.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

0-3 last night with an error in LF

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

I thought they taught him how to pull the ball?

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Anyone know why Atlanta decided to quit developing Matt Adams? He's hitting .248 .283 .410 .693 over the last month and a half with THREE BOMBS. Doesn't make any sense. If they're going to quit coaching the guy who PUSHED FREEMAN OFF FIRST BASE you'd think they'd AT LEAST trade him for a haul of prospects at the deadline because they're REAL TALENT EVALUATORS! Coppolol is a joke.

Juan Yepez (the guy the Cardinals got in exchange for Adams) is hitting .442 over the last 10 games, and has a 1.212 OPS in August.