3%
Leroy
5%

Total votes: 101

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Who will get traded?

Post by Jocephus »

CardsofSTL wrote:Probably impossible but I would trade Fowler out of all our outfielders.

Ken Rosenthal reports that it’s a five-year, $82.5 million deal with a full no-trade clause.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Probably impossible but I would trade Fowler out of all our outfielders.

Ken Rosenthal reports that it’s a five-year, $82.5 million deal with a full no-trade clause.
That is why I said it is probably impossible. NTC's can be waived though I doubt he would do it unless Mo told Matheny to stop playing him in CF. Being on the DL now makes it a wash; I was more thinking offseason.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

If Dexter is miserable enough playing for the Cardinals, it could happen. I really don't think it will for at least the first three years of the contract.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:If Dexter is miserable enough playing for the Cardinals, it could happen. I really don't think it will for at least the first three years of the contract.
What if I send him a very terse fan letter?

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Hoot45 wrote:- A comp pick also increases the bonus pool available to the team that receives it. This is a super valuable, under-appreciated aspect of the system. So the Cardinals might not necessarily just be comparing a comp pick to whatever prospect they trade for straight up. From their perspective, the return has to be greater than the comp pick AND the additional bonus pool allocation.
[grinding my teeth in frustration]

This is true. But for awhile this team has been making questionable roster decisions with the sole purpose of protecting their pool money and relatively minor prospects on our 40 man roster and it drives me absolutely bonkers. This has bubbled all the way up to the MLB level where we didn't sign a legitimate backup OF'er and we went with Eric Fryer instead of a real backup C for the sole purpose of protecting a handful of A ball non-prospects.

We have allowed our major league roster to be handcuffed by our minor league operations and developmental philosophy and I'm frankly sick of it.
* We can't trade prospects for elite talent because they're too valuable.
* We can't sign elite major league talent because we have to protect our draft picks.
* We can't sign quality major league depth because we have to protect minor leaguers from the Rule 5 draft.
* We can't be aggressive with QO's because someone might accept one and we'll have a logjam.
* We can't trade away a pending free agent because we might lose the draft pool money.

Meanwhile, we're floundering around in the same class as the Minnesota Twins and we have about as many star players as the Padres. Give me a freaking break with that kind of GM crap. (Obviously not directing any of that rant to you, hoot.)
Last edited by Fat Strat on July 26 17, 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

dexter seems like a cool dude but gosh i dislike the signing more each day.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

CardsofSTL wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:If Dexter is miserable enough playing for the Cardinals, it could happen. I really don't think it will for at least the first three years of the contract.
are you johnny letter?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Jocephus wrote:dexter seems like a cool dude but gosh i dislike the signing more each day.

I really think he's hurt worse than he let on... or at least I hope.

Just my speculation but I have a hunch he and Matheny don't really mesh.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Dexter will be just fine. He's been hurt, he's been a victim of low BABIP, and yet he's still put up decent numbers.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Why not convince Mike Shannon to reference his stat line with "yuck?"