8/20 GDT: Cardinals(Leake)@Pirates(Nova) 6 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Re: 8/20 GDT: Cardinals(Leake)@Pirates(Nova) 6 PM CT

Post by Farewell Friends »

Jack Flaherty had another strong outing for Memphis today. It's too bad there are rules forbidding the Cardinals from calling him up.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Or Dakota Hudson...or Zac Gallen...

We have flaherty, hudson, gallen and weaver all ready. It took wainwright getting hurt to move weaver into his spot. I don't wish injury on anyone...but...maybe leake can have a blister or something?

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardsfantx wrote:Or Dakota Hudson...or Zac Gallen...

We have flaherty, hudson, gallen and weaver all ready. It took wainwright getting hurt to move weaver into his spot. I don't wish injury on anyone...but...maybe leake can have a blister or something?

Gallen has a 4.21 ERA in his last 10 games at AA, and gave up 5 ER in 3 innings in his last start. Hudson's peripherals have been pretty meh at AA. I'm not sure either of those guys is ready for the big show.

I'm sure we'll see some call-ups on Sept. 1.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Like I said earlier, the only way this team has fielded its best lineup was with starters getting DL'd. Leake is 7-12, people. I'm not even going for any other stats. It speaks for itself. But we're trying to be competitive n stuff..

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Socnorb11 wrote:

Gallen has a 4.21 ERA in his last 10 games at AA, and gave up 5 ER in 3 innings in his last start. Hudson's peripherals have been pretty meh at AA. I'm not sure either of those guys is ready for the big show.

I'm sure we'll see some call-ups on Sept. 1.
hudson is in AAA, and has been for nearly a month. first full year in MiLB. not too shabby.

gallen is back in AA now, but started in A ball, moved to AA, then AAA, now back in AA. Also not doing too bad for his first full year in MiLB.

i don't think they're ready either...but they'd be better than leake. my point is that we have a fantastic option in flaherty, and 2 ok/good options in hudson and gallen. both of whom, i can almost guarantee to put up better numbers than leake.

that's all i'm trying to say...leake is the worst pitcher in MLB since his hot start...just terrible. we have to put him in the bullpen and call SOMEONE up to replace him, or we have an automatic loss every fifth game.