Moderating Baseball Talk

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Re: Moderating Baseball Talk

Post by TheoSqua »

Keep in mind that when a thread is locked a lot of the offending posts are deleted or cleaned up. The reason we lock them is to stop those arguments from continuing.

There have been plenty of heated debates and disagreements that we won't lock. But once it devolves into insults and personal attacks, we have to do something.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

So everyone knows, I've locked the Harper thread for the time being because it seems like everyone needs to chill out. I'll re-open it tomorrow after everyone's calmed down. If he does something unexpected like sign a contract today, I'll re-open it earlier.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I didn't even get to post my stupid gif before you locked it. You know how I live to post gif's....

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

I'm going to go public with a couple decisions the Moderator team made because I want to emphasize a line we have drawn on the forum.

1.) BAS has been asked to not post to the politics for 1 week as sort of a cooling off period.
2.) 33anda3rd has been banned from the forum for 1 week.

I'm making these decisions public because I want to stress that personal attacks will not be tolerated on the forum.

I also want to let everyone know that we are going to be cracking down on the tiresome back-and-forths that devolve into arguing semantics. Especially in the politics forum.

It's gotten to a point that I don't enjoy coming to the forum and i'm frankly sick of the direction half the posts we have end up going. We want this to be a fun place to visit and share your thoughts and opinions on the various forums we have here. If you can't contribute positively to that then the mods will start issuing warnings, 1 week bans, an finally permanent bans.

We feel like we give a lot of leeway and flexibility in our posting rules to make this a fun place to have discourse. Not being able to follow the basic rules stated in the first post of this thread is not going to be tolerated.

Thanks everyone.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

TheoSqua wrote:I'm going to go public with a couple decisions the Moderator team made because I want to emphasize a line we have drawn on the forum.

1.) BAS has been asked to not post to the politics for 1 week as sort of a cooling off period.
2.) 33anda3rd has been banned from the forum for 1 week.

I'm making these decisions public because I want to stress that personal attacks will not be tolerated on the forum.

I also want to let everyone know that we are going to be cracking down on the tiresome back-and-forths that devolve into arguing semantics. Especially in the politics forum.

It's gotten to a point that I don't enjoy coming to the forum and i'm frankly sick of the direction half the posts we have end up going. We want this to be a fun place to visit and share your thoughts and opinions on the various forums we have here. If you can't contribute positively to that then the mods will start issuing warnings, 1 week bans, an finally permanent bans.

We feel like we give a lot of leeway and flexibility in our posting rules to make this a fun place to have discourse. Not being able to follow the basic rules stated in the first post of this thread is not going to be tolerated.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks for all you mods are doing to keep this place a great place to hang out. I agree with what you've done here. Just sayin.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

who are the active mods?

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Jocephus wrote:who are the active mods?

Right now it's Heyzeus, CardsofSTL, Radbird, TheoSqua as the active mods.

Kyle and Planet are also mods, though real life has made their participation a bit more limited.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Ditto what Joe said. Thanks for modding. It must feel like a pretty thankless task sometimes.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

lukethedrifter wrote:
August 31 17, 12:58 pm
I don't remember Richie Allen being such a [expletive] disturber but he's been called out twice in this thread.

Richie, care to return serve?
At least no one I remember complained about me.