Albert Pujols Is The Worst Player In Baseball

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Socnorb11
The Last Word

Re: Albert Pujols Is The Worst Player In Baseball

Post by Socnorb11 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Weird how we're dogging current Cardinals legends, and wishing nothing but the best for former Cardinals legends.
Wainwright isn't half the legend Albert is.
Well, nobody is.

He's still a good guy, been a great teammate, and a huge contributor to a bunch of successful Cardinals teams. Where is the line drawn between "screw this guy" and "I'll worship this guy forever"?

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Socnorb11 wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Weird how we're dogging current Cardinals legends, and wishing nothing but the best for former Cardinals legends.
Wainwright isn't half the legend Albert is.
Well, nobody is.

He's still a good guy, been a great teammate, and a huge contributor to a bunch of successful Cardinals teams. Where is the line drawn between "screw this guy" and "I'll worship this guy forever"?
Somewhere between Adam Wainwright and Albert Pujols.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I disagree, but alright.

I don't care of Pujols succeeds or fails at this point. I enjoyed and appreciate what he did for the Cardinals. Waino is still part of my team. I got his back.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

People would hate Pujols if he was on the Cardinals right now.

doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Post by doe_boy »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:People would hate Pujols if he was on the Cardinals right now.
Especially if the Cardinals were still on the hook for 87 million.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:People would hate Pujols if he was on the Cardinals right now.
I agree. They'd probably be praising Waino if he played for someone else, too.

I think that's just the way it goes.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

It's because Wainwright is white.

Pitchers are a bit different from position players, because you need so many of them. You can't hide horse [expletive] pitchers, but merely mediocre ones aren't a problem. Wainwright seems like a great guy, who arguably has enough talent to be given the last spot on a pitching staff. They need to find some pitchers who can get high leverage outs still, but for example if Wainwright had been a healthy (and bad) reliever a year ago, the narc story about Bud Norris and Jordan Hicks doesn't happen, because you've got a non-jerk veteran in Wainwright making sure Hicks doesn't go Ankiel or Taveras on you. If Wainwright ends up pitching in the 8th inning of a tie ball game though, then the BFIBs drop the façade.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

greenback44 wrote:
It's because Wainwright is white.
Are you saying there's some kind of reverse-racism among baseball fans, in which the traitorous Dominican gets a longer leash and more fond sentiment than the All-American looking white guy who stuck around?
Socnorb11 wrote:Where is the line drawn between "screw this guy" and "I'll worship this guy forever"?
I don't know exactly but for me it doesn't have anything to do with where or how the guy chooses to pursue his career or what laundry he wears.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Hoping to be there in June. He should get one hell of a standing O.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

33anda3rd wrote:

I don't know exactly but for me it doesn't have anything to do with where or how the guy chooses to pursue his career or what laundry he wears.

I don't really care where he chooses to play either. I definitely root for players who wear the birds on the bat though. I don't have a particular beef with Pujols, but I want him to make an out every time he plays the Cardinals this year, because I'm a Cardinals fan.