Cards Home Opener Moved to Friday

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Cards Home Opener Moved to Friday

Post by Fat Strat »

Per PD:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/basebal ... 805f3.html
The civic holiday will be delayed, but not denied.

The Cardinals home opener, set to feature a parade of all of the team's living Hall of Famers for the first time in club history, has been moved to Friday due to the threat of inclement weather. Rain is in the forecast for the afternoon on Thursday, the original date baseball fans had circled on their calendars.

The game against San Diego will remain at 3:15 p.m., and all other activities will remain on the originally advertised schedule, just shifted to Friday from Thursday. Friday is expected to be dry, partly sunny and warmer than usual for the time of year, with a high of about 67.

All tickets for Thursday's game will be good for Friday's game.

Fans who purchased tickets to the pre-game party scheduled for Thursday at Ballpark Village should use those same tickets for the same event now scheduled for Friday morning, the team announced.

Major League Baseball builds such insurance days into the early weeks of the season to allow teams to accommodate their opening ceremonies and adjust for soggy or cold April weather. The Cardinals had an off day in Pittsburgh on Tuesday for the same reason — just in case Monday's opener at PNC Park was rained out. The Cardinals made the decision to postpone Thursday's opener on Wednesday afternoon.

The Cardinals' starting pitcher will be Jack Flaherty, as planned.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: Cards Home Opener Moved to Friday

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

God dammit, I have a flight at 4:30 Friday.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I should have no problem adjusting my work schedule to accommodate the change but I'm not as sure about my friends I was planning on meeting down there. Hopefully they can switch their day off from tomorrow to Friday.

Secrets: I have considered not even telling my boss that they already moved the game because he isn't in town or a baseball fan and wouldn't know until I told him that the game got moved. If I cut out a few hours early on Friday he most likely wouldn't know that as long as I kept my Skype running on my cell phone. I'm going to mention it in our meeting in an hour though and switch the day.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

so the game still happens thursday? For now?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

heyzeus wrote:so the game still happens thursday? For now?
i think they've just flat out moved it

which i'm ok with, it feels weird to not have a friday game...though i hate the ping ponging of game on, off, on, off now but whatever

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

heyzeus wrote:so the game still happens thursday? For now?
Sadly no game tomorrow at all for the Cards. At least the Blues still play tomorrow night which means that I'll just be honest with my boss and work a full day tomorrow instead of just coming into the office in the morning and leaving at 11. Then I'll take all of Friday off.

In the end it works out better since I can give people more time (back to the normal schedule) to get their approvals done before I make my updates that have to be done every Thursday since I can work the full day. And I can more easily take all of Friday off plus I don't have to worry as much about how much I drink with the next day being Saturday as opposed to needing to be able to make it into the office on Friday and not be hung over.

Being hung over on Friday would have been a serious concern if the Cards were to win tomorrow afternoon leading right up to the Blues game which we'd then start watching and if the Blues were playing well... we'd keep going until that ended and be at the end of a nearly 12 hour day of being in a crowd where everybody is drinking by the time everything was all over. I don't have the self control for that when I'm in the kind of mood the Cards home opener puts me in if I'm being honest.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Does anyone know when the Home Opener is?

-go birds

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Does anyone know when the Home Opener is?

-go birds
Saturday, I think.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:God dammit, I have a flight at 4:30 Friday.
same but into STL

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Boooooooooo.

I blame God.