Milwaukee gains an extra series at home

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
TimChopsula
Veteran Player

Re: Milwaukee gains an extra series at home

Post by TimChopsula »

JoeMcKim wrote:Problem with finding neutral site locations is they usually try to go to domed cities and with Tampa Bay being affected by Irma also that would only leave Arizona, Seattle and Toronto and the first two of those are too far out of the way.
Marlins are in Philly today.

Philly to Toronto flight: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Philly to Milwaukee: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Philly to Tampa Bay: 2 hours, 40 minutes

While AZ and SEA are out of the way, Toronto would be easier than any other option. The Blue Jays are out of town this weekend, and I have a hard time imagining them telling MLB that they wouldn't make an accommodation for this series.

It's a cash grab... competitive advantages be damned

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

I think the rule this year is that the Cubs get to pick when and where the Brewers play, right?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I think a neutral site would be more fair but what the hell can you do. Plenty of minor league fields not being used right now too; not like the Brewers and Marlins are going to pull more than 2300 fans.

TimChopsula
Veteran Player

Post by TimChopsula »

CardsofSTL wrote:I think a neutral site would be more fair but what the hell can you do. Plenty of minor league fields not being used right now too; not like the Brewers and Marlins are going to pull more than 2300 fans.
They originally put 10,000 tix on sale for Friday's game (staffing concerns), and they sold out so quickly that they bumped the total tix available to 23,000

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

TimJomsula wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:I think a neutral site would be more fair but what the hell can you do. Plenty of minor league fields not being used right now too; not like the Brewers and Marlins are going to pull more than 2300 fans.
They originally put 10,000 tix on sale for Friday's game (staffing concerns), and they sold out so quickly that they bumped the total tix available to 23,000

This sounds like fake news to me; trying to garner interest in selling more tickets by claiming they are running out of tickets. I know their tricks.