6%
Arizona Diamondbacks
6%
Colorado Rockies
4%

Total votes: 48

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: Who're you rooting for in the playoffs?

Post by pioneer98 »

I really want to see a game 7 between the Astros and Yankees because I think it would be great.

The only reason the Yankees may seem tolerable right now is because they only have 1 title in the last 16 years and the Red Sox have kind of had their number of much of that time. Make no mistake. If you are like me and find the media coverage of the Red Sox and Cubs insufferable, just wait until you see how bad it can get with the Yankees.

Chapman is really the only player on any of the teams left that I can't stand. That just makes it even easier to root against them. Sorry Holliday. Hoping Beltran finally gets a ring but it's looking like a longshot.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

eh I remember Yankee media nonsense. They are probably hoping for some type of realignment so that there can be a Yankees Red Sox World Series. That would be a Big East Media wet dream.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I'm just glad the cubs are out. Of the remaining teams, Houston, but doubt they make it at this point. If it's LA/NY, I'm going LA.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Is the Dodgers/Yankees the matchup thats taken place the most times in the WS? I know that they played a bunch in the late 40's to 50's and also late 70's.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

JoeMcKim wrote:Is the Dodgers/Yankees the matchup thats taken place the most times in the WS? I know that they played a bunch in the late 40's to 50's and also late 70's.
11 times, yep.

Interesting number 2 is Yankees and Giants at 7 and then Yankees and Cardinals at 5.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Its most impressive since the Yankees/Dodgers haven't played in a WS in 36 years.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

CardsofSTL wrote:
JoeMcKim wrote:Is the Dodgers/Yankees the matchup thats taken place the most times in the WS? I know that they played a bunch in the late 40's to 50's and also late 70's.
11 times, yep.

Interesting number 2 is Yankees and Giants at 7 and then Yankees and Cardinals at 5.
Yankees 8, Dodgers 3
Yankees 5, Giants 2
Cards 3, Yankees 2

Cards are only team to play the Yankees more than once with a winning record against them.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I wonder if theres teams that've played more in postseason in general with all of the extra rounds of playoffs this year and the now we have the Wild Card games which each now count as a "playoff series" sort of.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

JoeMcKim wrote:Its most impressive since the Yankees/Dodgers haven't played in a WS in 36 years.
All of their matchups were between 1941 & 1981. ~25% of the WS played during that time.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

JoeMcKim wrote:Its most impressive since the Yankees/Dodgers haven't played in a WS in 36 years.
It is impressive but there were fewer teams back in the day which made the chance of a couple of good teams going on multiple year pennant runs more likely than today. Also no free agency; so good players stayed with the same team.