Derek Lilliquist gone as pitching coach

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: Derek Lilliquist gone as pitching coach

Post by sighyoung »

A cartoonists' recreation of Matheny's handling of Matt Bowman.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Only want Hickey out of those options...otherwise just go with an internal guy (if Hickey goes to cubs)

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

cardsfantx wrote:Only want Hickey out of those options...otherwise just go with an internal guy (if Hickey goes to cubs)

I understand what you mean but it still makes me think of this (the original tweet references Bosio getting fired and the Cubs reaching out to Hickey):

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I like Eversgerd. Hickey would be a great addition but highly unlikely now. Maddux would be fine. Bosio is a prick

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

Nobody knew or cared about Jim Hickey until the Cubs got involved.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Farewell Friends wrote:Nobody knew or cared about Jim Hickey until the Cubs got involved.
Not true, as we have posts from myself and others regarding him since Tampa Bay let him go and Lilly was as well...but ok...

The posts since the cubs let theirs go as well has only intisified it, yes, since of the obv ties to him/Maddon and that is where he’ll most likely end up.

Edit-in fact there’s posts from 10/4 between McG and myself in this very thread (page 5) which was 2 weeks before the cubs even fired their pitching coach.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Maddux would be okay with me. I'd like him more than Eversgerd.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

John Farrell is out of a job, what about him as pitching coach? Or do you think he'll only accept a managing offer at this point of his career?

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

cardsfantx wrote:
Farewell Friends wrote:Nobody knew or cared about Jim Hickey until the Cubs got involved.
Not true, as we have posts from myself and others regarding him since Tampa Bay let him go and Lilly was as well...but ok...

The posts since the cubs let theirs go as well has only intisified it, yes, since of the obv ties to him/Maddon and that is where he’ll most likely end up.

Edit-in fact there’s posts from 10/4 between McG and myself in this very thread (page 5) which was 2 weeks before the cubs even fired their pitching coach.
ETA: Sorry, you clearly thought they should've gotten Hickey; in referring more to the idea that the Cardinals are going to screw this up by not getting Hickey, who most people didn't even know about until he was fired and didn't care about until Bosio was fired and the Cubs were interested. I'm fine with any of the three, but fans are going to freak out if Hickey goes to the Cubs, which is silly and reactionary.