Cards veterans griping about their teammates

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: Cards veterans griping about their teammates

Post by JoeMcKim »

We got too many veterans who're coasting on the fundamentals, Carpenter is one of the worst offenders. Honestly if we can get a good bat added to the lineup I wouldn't be too upset about moving him in a trade.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

...honestly, this disconnected and disordered "team" really shines the light on how far our management & leadership have fallen.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

the manifesto!

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I mean it's beyond weird Dexter Fowler is getting dragged in that Ortiz article. The guy seems to have been a beloved teammate at every other stop in his career. Would also point out that if he is traded, that's both the big signings from the last two offseasons run out of town. We've already heard that players are reluctant to sign with the Cardinals, and that won't help.

jagtrader
Hall Of Famer

Post by jagtrader »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I mean it's beyond weird Dexter Fowler is getting dragged in that Ortiz article. The guy seems to have been a beloved teammate at every other stop in his career. Would also point out that if he is traded, that's both the big signings from the last two offseasons run out of town. We've already heard that players are reluctant to sign with the Cardinals, and that won't help.
Players usually sign with the team that gives them the most money. And Ortiz is a hack.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Ortiz isn't writing about Fowler spending little time in the clubhouse unless someone feeds him that information.

And yeah money above all, of course, but what of the case of a player with a NTC like Stanton?

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

I agree. The whole thing seems dumb. I'd hate to see Fowler traded, for a few reasons. I get that the last few years of his contract may be bad, and that he's probably better in LF than CF. But he's always been a pretty good OBP guy, and the Cards need that. And that is a trait that usually ages better than many other traits. If he can keep that decent OBP as he ages, he could be kind of a poor man's Matt Holliday (nowhere near as elite with the bat, but decent OBP and more mobile in the field and running bases). Also, there is something to be said about having a black guy on the team in St. Louis in 2017. But I am afraid he will be traded. We have a glut of outfielders, and he's the most expensive one. You can almost see it coming.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

TimeForGuinness wrote:...honestly, this disconnected and disordered "team" really shines the light on how far our management & leadership have fallen.
A culture change seems necessary.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Farewell Friends wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:...honestly, this disconnected and disordered "team" really shines the light on how far our management & leadership have fallen.
Agree with both.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
Farewell Friends wrote:
Agree with both.
Too bad MM will be back next year. Things won't change.