10/31 WS GM6: Astros(Verlander) vs Dodgers(Hill) 7PMCT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: 10/31 WS GM6: Astros(Verlander) vs Dodgers(Hill) 7PMCT

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Considering I have no horse in this race, it's been a heck of a World Series. Dodgers were my pick at the beginning of the postseason (because one of the few Youtubers I follow is a fan) so I'll still be rooting for them tomorrow.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:In think home teams that win game 6 to force a a game 7 have pretty damn good odds if the past is any indication of winning the series. The only road team I can remember losing game 6 and winning game 7 is the 06 cardinals in ny
Which Carlos Beltran knows something about. Wouldn't it be great if he redeemed himself with the big hit tomorrow?
Beltran smashes a curve ball for a World Series win on the last AB of his career. I like it.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:In think home teams that win game 6 to force a a game 7 have pretty damn good odds if the past is any indication of winning the series. The only road team I can remember losing game 6 and winning game 7 is the 06 cardinals in ny
The 2006 Cards vs Mets and the 2014 Giants over Royals are the only 2 that won a game 7 on the road after losing game 6 in the last 16 tries. The Astros best chance by far was behind Verlander yesterday.

Johnconrad
Same Ole

Post by Johnconrad »

pioneer98 wrote:
The 2006 Cards vs Mets and the 2014 Giants over Royals are the only 2 that won a game 7 on the road after losing game 6 in the last 16 tries. The Astros best chance by far was behind Verlander yesterday.
Indeed.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Johnconrad wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Indeed.
Aww man, the shack out in the woods got internet access again :(

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

I've been owned online because I didn't like the road team's chances in a game 7 when they'd be without their ace

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Corncob

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

pioneer98 wrote:I've been owned online because I didn't like the road team's chances in a game 7 when they'd be without their ace
Next time you will know that you are supposed to wait a week after the game and then comment so that you are always right.

Johnconrad
Same Ole

Post by Johnconrad »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
Johnconrad wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Indeed.
Aww man, the shack out in the woods got internet access again :(
Awww, so touched you missed me.

All those guys who said Luhnow wasn't the brains of the Cardinals must be full of crow by now.

Johnconrad
Same Ole

Post by Johnconrad »

CardsofSTL wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:I've been owned online because I didn't like the road team's chances in a game 7 when they'd be without their ace
Next time you will know that you are supposed to wait a week after the game and then comment so that you are always right.
I had Astros in 6, so I guess I was "wrong"