Gameday App, Cutting the Cord, stuff of that nature

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Tim
Consider him admonished

Gameday App, Cutting the Cord, stuff of that nature

Post by Tim »

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I am lazy.

I think I am cutting the cord and going with Hulu Live. So instead of MLB Extra Innings through DirecTV, I guess I will be watching MLB.TV.

Y'all watch on your TV or laptop/iPad?

Also, reckon I could sign in on more than TV with my username and pw and have more than one game going at once?

Thanks.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Re: Gameday App, Cutting the Cord, stuff of that nature

Post by TheoSqua »

I have DirectvNOW with FSMW. It's nice to be able to watch the game anywhere I want (on AT&T it doesn't even count data...so much for net neutrality).

misterManager
Everyday Player

Post by misterManager »

You can definitely have more than one game running at a time. My experience is that Apple TV and game consoles stream the best for MLB.tv, and that my laptop does pretty poorly. YMMV. A hard wired connection gave me no issues but with wifi I was pretty enraged on more than one occasion due to buffering issues.

If you're smart you'll sell your login info to share with a friend - easiest money you'll make and there's no real downside. It's a netflix approach to membership it seems, they know you'll be sharing the login for sure.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I stream mlb tv through Roku and PS4. Roku actually has been more reliable than the PlayStation for me. I never have buffering issues but I do have the high tier internet speed. Not sure how the app would be on a lower speed.

Also FWIW I use sling tv which gives me ESPN, local cable Fox Sports and FS1.

TimChopsula
Veteran Player

Post by TimChopsula »

I stream through my iPhone to the TV via Chromecast Works great. Way better than my PlayStation and my Mac.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

TimJomsula wrote:I stream through my iPhone to the TV via Chromecast Works great. Way better than my PlayStation and my Mac.
yeah but you can type a lowercase i with that iPhone? I rest my case.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

This great info thanks

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Also, it may be worth sharing your password/login with someone that has a traditional cable package so you can get espn access that way. If you have a traditional cable login, you can download the fox sports go, watchespn, nbcsports, golf channel, etc apps on your phone and cast to your TV. The major problem with sling is it doesn't have access to SEC Network which you'll want as well as a lot of their other programming. It's just like ESPN1 and 2.

Anyway, the good thing about mlb network is you are out of network so you'll be able to watch Cardinal games on it.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I've been very happy with YouTube TV for the past couple of months but a friend just tipped me off to some changes being made today that make me even happier. They are adding MLB Network, NBA Network and the Turner family (TBS, TNT, etc.) to the service which are the things I was missing most. The price is going up to $40/month on March 13 but if you get in before March 13 you will be grandfathered in and continue to pay the $35/month even after the price goes up.

I was showing the friend the app on my phone on Superbowl Sunday and that got him thinking. After the announcement today, he's making the switch. YouTube TV also doesn't black out the Olympics like Sling which is what he's been using. I don't think the blacked out the Superbowl either. Regular season games aren't available on YouTube TV when it comes to the NFL but that's the only thing I've ever seen not be allowed.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Use Reddit to find stream links. Come on. Stop paying for this stuff. MLB has enough of your hard earned money.

Plus with MLB TV you can't even get local games so what's the point if you live in STL area?