What Trade Had the Biggest Impact?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Socnorb11
The Last Word

Re: What Trade Had the Biggest Impact?

Post by Socnorb11 »

Ozzie was something.

I think part of why his legend isn't as strong as guys like Edmonds and Rolen is because the Cards had a lot of sucky years during Whitey's era. Not so much during the Edmonds/Rolen/Pujols years. I think Ozzie was only in the playoffs 3 times, right?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Socnorb11 wrote:Ozzie was something.

I think part of why his legend isn't as strong as guys like Edmonds and Rolen is because the Cards had a lot of sucky years during Whitey's era. Not so much during the Edmonds/Rolen/Pujols years. I think Ozzie was only in the playoffs 3 times, right?
I think it has more to do with him staying away from the stadium while TLR was there. He showed what alittle guy he really was with that grudge. A whole generation grew up without him around.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I love Ozzie...picking one trade as higher impact doesn't mean other trades weren't important.

Johnconrad
Same Ole

Post by Johnconrad »

When you actually had to do something to make a playoff appearance.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Johnconrad wrote:

When you actually had to do something to make a playoff appearance.

You mean, finish above .500? Because the Cardinals only did that about every other year back in the 80's. Meanwhile, in the last 20 years, the Cardinals have done that every year except for 2.

Zamboni
Single A Minor League Player

Post by Zamboni »

GeddyWrox wrote:Jack Clark was a big piece for the 80s teams, too.

Getting Clark really changed the Cards lineup back then.

Him batting behind all that speed was something to see for a baseball crazy teenager!

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Went to the movies the other night in a sparsely filled theater. The guy Jimmy Ballgame sat right in front of had to trade his seat for an unobstructed one.