GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 23 19, 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: March 16 19, 3:48 am 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Angel should have been fired fifteen years ago. But I don't want robot umps.

PostPosted: March 16 19, 8:50 am 
All-Star

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Gonna be a lot of pitchers faking injuries to get out of that. Actually, pitchers might legitimately get hurt if they have to throw 40 pitches to get through 3 batters.

Then they'll be forced to go on the 15 day IL. If they want to do that, cool.

PostPosted: March 16 19, 11:01 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Famous Mortimer wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Gonna be a lot of pitchers faking injuries to get out of that. Actually, pitchers might legitimately get hurt if they have to throw 40 pitches to get through 3 batters.

Then they'll be forced to go on the 15 day IL. If they want to do that, cool.

Cool

PostPosted: March 16 19, 2:21 pm 
All-Star

That was in relation to the "faking injuries" thing, not the "actual injuries" thing. Although how many times in baseball history has a pitcher taken 40 pitches to get through 3 guys?

PostPosted: March 16 19, 4:01 pm 

Famous Mortimer wrote:
That was in relation to the "faking injuries" thing, not the "actual injuries" thing. Although how many times in baseball history has a pitcher taken 40 pitches to get through 3 guys?

Cool

PostPosted: March 16 19, 4:51 pm 

I don't want to get mired down in the fake injury thing; but if a pitcher leaves a game with an "injury" they don't automatically go on the IL (IL...can't get used to that. Like they are going to Illinois to go fishing in a quarry pond or something) They always get listed as "day to day" initially until a medical follow up. So the concern would be a pitcher stating he was injured to avoid having to face three batters; I don't think that is much of a concern at all. If someone on your staff can't face three batters they probably should be selling hot dogs in the stands instead of pitching.

PostPosted: March 16 19, 7:08 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

CardsofSTL wrote:
I don't want to get mired down in the fake injury thing; but if a pitcher leaves a game with an "injury" they don't automatically go on the IL (IL...can't get used to that. Like they are going to Illinois to go fishing in a quarry pond or something) They always get listed as "day to day" initially until a medical follow up. So the concern would be a pitcher stating he was injured to avoid having to face three batters; I don't think that is much of a concern at all. If someone on your staff can't face three batters they probably should be selling hot dogs in the stands instead of pitching.

They could just call the umpires mother a whore and get run.

PostPosted: March 17 19, 4:11 am 

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

That's what I'd do.

PostPosted: March 17 19, 6:55 am 
All-Star

I'm sure a bunch of pitchers getting tossed for calling the ump a [expletive] will definitely not cause them to close that particular "loophole".

PostPosted: March 17 19, 7:36 am 

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

Lol. That would be hilarious.

“ Hey angel, we have this technology that can help you improve. “

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next