Machado

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Machado

Post by Radbird »

“Concept” trade by Ken but of course Manny ends up in pinstripes. Could only read the first couple of paragraphs since I’m too cheap.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i really do hope machado lands with the yankees as their longsuffering fans really deserve a championship after a decade long hiatus.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Dayn Perry speculation, but plausible...
Yes, Baltimore is already 11 1/2 games out of first place. In related matters, they're percentage points behind even the similarly miserable Rays, and they're on pace for 119 losses. No, the O's aren't going to lose 119 games this season, but they're far more likely to finish last than they are to contend for a playoff spot. Throw in the fact that the Orioles engaged in Machado trade talks this past offseason, and it seems highly likely that Machado will be moved prior to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/why- ... e-orioles/

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

DeJong + prospects for Machado?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Please god. I would take him as a rental.

They'd want Reyes or Flaherty for him though.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

man, we're only a few weeks into the season and already 11 1/2 behind? though that was a typo at first, as that's even further behind than the awful reds are (granted i knew boston had been on fire, but still)

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

Man, Machado would fit perfectly on the Cardinals. It's too bad that if we did make a trade for him that our chances of signing him long term would be so low. He seems destined to go to a big market team.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Please god. I would take him as a rental.

Would you include DeJong in that deal? Otherwise, if we only had Machado as a rental, who would be your SS in 2019?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Swirls wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:Please god. I would take him as a rental.

Would you include DeJong in that deal? Otherwise, if we only had Machado as a rental, who would be your SS in 2019?
Yes. But they won't take it.

They will ask for Flaherty and another top 10 prospect or a good young starter. That's about fair for Machado even as a rental.

Then the Cardinals can ink him asap.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Seems awfully early in the year to move him since he's on an expiring contract. Most potential trade partners don't know if they'll be in the playoff hunt in late summer, so Baltimore would limit their return by narrowing the field of trade partners this early in the year. Closer to the deadline there could be a half-dozen teams jockeying for a playoff spot who really covet Machado, whereas now there might be only a few teams willing to mortgage the future on a 6-month rental.