Pitching Staff 2018 thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Socnorb11
The Last Word

Re: Pitching Staff 2018 thread

Post by Socnorb11 »

What about BABIP? It's dropped significantly since 2015. If he can maintain that also, then that might get you to the 4.4

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Socnorb11 wrote:What about BABIP? It's dropped significantly since 2015. If he can maintain that also, then that might get you to the 4.4
ZiPS has his BABIP increasing to .292. That actually makes it even harder for me to see him getting to 4.4.

I think they're just giving him an age bump. He's been consistent and pretty darn young. You would expect him to improve, I just don't know how he's going to do it. Everyone -- the projectors -- seem to think he will, but I'm just not finding it. I hope he does! We sure as heck need him to.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Fat Strat wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:What about BABIP? It's dropped significantly since 2015. If he can maintain that also, then that might get you to the 4.4
ZiPS has his BABIP increasing to .292. That actually makes it even harder for me to see him getting to 4.4.

I think they're just giving him an age bump. He's been consistent and pretty darn young. You would expect him to improve, I just don't know how he's going to do it. Everyone -- the projectors -- seem to think he will, but I'm just not finding it. I hope he does! We sure as heck need him to.

I wouldn’t quibble with calling him a #2. My point was intended to support yours. Rotation has real potential to collapse.

Fat Strat

Post by Fat Strat »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:

I wouldn’t quibble with calling him a #2. My point was intended to support yours. Rotation has real potential to collapse.
Yeah, I picked an insignificant line out of your post to make a point that really didn't address anything you were saying. Thanks for the material, lol!

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

That...that’s not good.

Fat Strat

Post by Fat Strat »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
But we aren’t even looking at Arrieta or Lynn.

Cardsforlife
Veteran Player

Post by Cardsforlife »

Fat Strat wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
But we aren’t even looking at Arrieta or Lynn.

I’d rather resign Lynn

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Cardsforlife
Veteran Player

Post by Cardsforlife »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
Paying 20 million for 13 wins