Cardinals and Arbitration

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Re: Cardinals and Arbitration

Post by dmarx114 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I want Donaldson, and I also understand that he may not be available at this time. All that said, what if the Cardinals are in a similar spot where they've been the last two seasons-- in the hunt for the playoffs but far from a sure thing-- but the Blue Jays are in it too? What's their plan then?
Look for ways to improve the team for the home stretch while not mortgaging the future.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

dmarx114 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:I want Donaldson, and I also understand that he may not be available at this time. All that said, what if the Cardinals are in a similar spot where they've been the last two seasons-- in the hunt for the playoffs but far from a sure thing-- but the Blue Jays are in it too? What's their plan then?
Look for ways to improve the team for the home stretch while not mortgaging the future.

You got a Donaldson-esque name you want to put out there or nah?

It just seems silly to me to bank on needing a midseason upgrade.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:

You got a Donaldson-esque name you want to put out there or nah?
I don't know if we will need offense. So many things can happen between now and then.

But I am confident Mo's philosophy will be what I described above.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm pretty confident we'll need more offense.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I wouldn't give much for 3 months of Donaldson, considering they can add him as a free agent after the season. The core of the team could be REALLY good for 2019. I would try to keep that intact completely.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Socnorb11 wrote:I wouldn't give much for 3 months of Donaldson, considering they can add him as a free agent after the season. The core of the team could be REALLY good for 2019. I would try to keep that intact completely.

I'll just say you're a lot higher on the core than I am.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I'm probably higher on the core than most, so don't feel bad. I think the young pitching can carry the team, and if we could add a guy like Donaldson without sacrificing that young pitching in 2019.......... could be a great team, in my opinion.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I want to be optimistic, but I think of that core Ozuna and Martinez are great, and Reyes and Pham could be (Pham could be again, better way to put it.) The rest are fine but nothing I don't think couldn't be replaced.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

not sure why we havent signed moustakas yet

Blakesly
Single A Minor League Player

Post by Blakesly »

go birds wrote:not sure why we havent signed moustakas yet
Because he's not really an upgrade?