2018 Trade Rumors

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

2018 Trade Rumors

Post by CardsofSTL »

Just over a month away from the non-waiver trade deadline. Always fun to talk rumors. For now; there's this:
QUESTION: You said Cole Hamels could be a target. Do you think the Cards would consider one-stop shopping with the Rangers for him and Beltre? Not a fan of giving up too much for a couple of aging rentals, but both would definitely boost the team for the rest of 2018.

GOOLD: Don't have a good read at all on Beltre. I did try to get a sense of whether he would be a fit for the Cardinals with some pre-reporting this winter -- just to get a feel of their opinion of him, his availability, etc. -- and all roads pointed back to Donaldson, or the talks with Orioles about Machado, or Longoria's comments about the Cardinals being in the mix. Nothing on Beltre, or no needle-movement there, and no real sense after it became clear that the Cardinals were focused on Archer, Archer, Archer with the Rays.

They were looking at the top-shelf third basemen and not, say, going after Moustakas. Gyorko was the measuring stick at that point. I don't have a sense of where Beltre fits in that equation, his eagerness to leave, or whether he'd be the impact move desired. But we all know he has a lot of power in determining where he goes, too.
Last edited by CardsofSTL on June 26 18, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: 2018 Hot Stove

Post by Jocephus »

i'm going to say room temperature

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

trading for a busted donaldson at this point would be the 2nd most cardinals move ever, after trading for a middling reliever.

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

Donaldson to the Cardinals does seem to fit. He's an intriguing player, in that, IF he rebounds could be a big steal. That seems to fit what Mo looks for in a move. If he can show he's healthy in July I'd be on board with making a move for him to see if he can get hot the last couple of months. With that many "ifs" in play, of course, the move could back fire big time.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Jim Edmonds was 29 and busted when we traded for him. But...Donaldson is 32 and busted. I'd only do that deal if the team knows something promising about his medicals that we don't.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Jocephus wrote:i'm going to say room temperature

Lukewarm water.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

go birds wrote:trading for a busted donaldson at this point would be the 2nd most cardinals move ever, after trading for a middling reliever.
It's about time we had a Bob Horner Night at Busch Stadium, especially to mark his 30th anniversary with the club.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

The only thing Mo knows about Hot Stove is mama said stay away from it or you'll get burned.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I think one of Mo's strengths is his ability to make good trades.

Not sure if that's all Girsch now or what

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

have no idea where in the hell to put this, so whatevs...
D-backs pitcher Archie Bradley reveals that he pooped his pants during a game
“I was warming up to go in a game. I knew I had the next hitter. I knew he was on deck. The at-bat was kinda taking a little bit. As a bullpen guy in these big situations, I call ’em nervous pees, where like I don’t have to pee a lot, but I know I have to pee before I go in the game. I can’t believe I’m telling you this,” Bradley said to Yahoo Sports.

“So it’s a 2-2 count, and I’m like, ‘Man, I have to pee. I have to go pee.’ So I run in our bathroom real quick, I’m ready to go. I’m trying to pee and I actually [expletive] my pants. Like right before I’m about to go in the game, I pooped my pants. I’m like ‘Oh my gosh.’ I know I’m a pitch away from going in the game, so I’m scrambling to clean myself up. I get it cleaned up the best I can, button my pants up, and our bullpen coach Mike Fetters says, ‘Hey, you’re in the game.’ So I’m jogging into the game to pitch with poop in my pants essentially.

“It was the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been on the mound. And I actually had a good inning. I had a clean inning, and I walked in the dugout and I was like, ‘Guys, I just [expletive] myself.’ They didn’t believe me, then the bullpen came in and they’re like ‘Oh my God, you had to see this.'”
https://sports.yahoo.com/d-backs-pitche ... 29687.html