Random Baseball Musings

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Random Baseball Musings

Post by heyzeus »

I was walkin out of Starbucks this morning, wearing my Cards hat, and someone says "hey, nice series." That usually means a fellow St Louis expat, so I asked him if he was a Cards fan. "No, Cubs. That was a tough one, but congrats."

That was extremely magnanimous of him! So I kicked him in the shins and took his pumpkin spice scone.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

heyzeus wrote:I was walkin out of Starbucks this morning, wearing my Cards hat, and someone says "hey, nice series." That usually means a fellow St Louis expat, so I asked him if he was a Cards fan. "No, Cubs. That was a tough one, but congrats."

That was extremely magnanimous of him! So I kicked him in the shins and took his pumpkin spice scone.
#BFIB

dan_yall
Veteran Player

Post by dan_yall »

I heard a fun conspiracy theory on Chicago sports radio this morning. Apparently, David Ross personally caught Kimbrel and told the Cubs he was good to go before they signed him in June. Ross is now being floated as a possible replacement for Maddon, so the theory is he knew Kimbrel didnt' have it, but okayed the signing anyway to sabotage Maddon so he could steal the manager's job.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

dan_yall wrote:I heard a fun conspiracy theory on Chicago sports radio this morning. Apparently, David Ross personally caught Kimbrel and told the Cubs he was good to go before they signed him in June. Ross is now being floated as a possible replacement for Maddon, so the theory is he knew Kimbrel didnt' have it, but okayed the signing anyway to sabotage Maddon so he could steal the manager's job.
That's a fun theory, but not as good as mine about the Cubs' 2016 world series victory opening up a portal to the Upside Down, in which we still reside to this day.

dan_yall
Veteran Player

Post by dan_yall »

Truly random musing:

Will the reduced rosters next September prevent eliminated teams from fielding truly terrible teams in games that have playoff implications like we've seen with the Pirates? Manager's can't throw a AAA lineup out there if those players aren't on the 26-man roster.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Well actually

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Well actually
One of the most schizophrenic organizations in professional sports.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Yordan Alvarez

.313 .412 .655 1.067
.432 wOBA
177 wRC+
27 HR
78 RBI

He didn't debut until June 9. [expletive] monster. The Dodgers traded him to the Astros for Josh Fields.