All Star Team Watch

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: All Star Team Watch

Post by IMADreamer »

Going to be glad to see Yadi in again.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Yeah was going to say, Cervelli was roider. He’s in the Braun doghouse. But hey Peralta was a starter post PEDs.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
And I feel like being a homer. If the ASG is a "joke" like everyone says, then vote in your guys.

Carpenter has more fWAR than Aguilar too.

#VoteCarp
But if your argument on here, where everyone is a Cardinals fan, I don't see what the point is of saying "I believe this because I'm a homer".

Also, I don't think the ASG is a "joke". It should be "fun", though, and that involves picking the best players, or the most famous players, or the players with the most interesting stories. I just don't think Carpenter deserves it.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
And I feel like being a homer. If the ASG is a "joke" like everyone says, then vote in your guys.

Carpenter has more fWAR than Aguilar too.

#VoteCarp
But if your argument on here, where everyone is a Cardinals fan, I don't see what the point is of saying "I believe this because I'm a homer".

Also, I don't think the ASG is a "joke". It should be "fun", though, and that involves picking the best players, or the most famous players, or the players with the most interesting stories. I just don't think Carpenter deserves it.
It really doesn’t matter. If the fans are going to decide it they can vote for whatever reasons they want. Tallest, biggest biceps, best looking, whatever they want.

TheTimeIsNow
All-Star

Post by TheTimeIsNow »

Also, it's amazing what marketability and name can do for you when it comes to getting a spot on the All-Star team.

Last year at the All-Star break, Felipe Rivero/Vazquez had an ERA of 0.76, and a WHIP of 0.71 in 47.1 innings. WAS NOT AN ALL-STAR.

This year at the All-Star break, Felipe Rivero/Vazquez had an ERA of 3.29, and a WHIP of 1.33 in 38.1 innings. ALL-STAR.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

I selfishly want Yadi in the Hall even if he’s statistically not good enough. All star appearances are meaningless usually but when it comes to HOF inductions, they are one of the first things people throw out. And as time goes on, people will forget that a few of those were alternative selections. He keeps building a case.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

MAGA wrote:I selfishly want Yadi in the Hall even if he’s statistically not good enough. All star appearances are meaningless usually but when it comes to HOF inductions, they are one of the first things people throw out. And as time goes on, people will forget that a few of those were alternative selections. He keeps building a case.
I feel like he makes it. The counting stats will never be on par with other catchers in the Hall, but his defensive rep and leadership are almost to Ozzie levels. The WS rings and All Star appearances will help, as will his continued late-career performance.

We should probably be more in awe, really. He's 35, has caught 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 innings of baseball, basically popped a testicle on a 105 mph foul tip straight to the beanbag this season, yet is still posting a 119 OPS+.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Catcher WAR is a joke. Yadi deserves to be considered for the hall. But not in the first few ballots.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Aguilar wins NL All-Star Final Vote.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Segura in the AL