Bud Norris: Clubhouse Narc

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: Bud Norris: Clubhouse Narc

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

lukethedrifter wrote:That’s a heck of a superpower you have there, Amoco.

I don’t know Norris’ history well enough to know he’s a racist. Is this a thing?

Yeah.
“I think it’s a culture shock,’’ Norris said. “This is America’s game. This is America’s pastime, and over the last 10-15 years we’ve seen a very big world influence in this game, which we as a union and as players appreciate. We’re opening this game to everyone that can play. However, if you’re going to come into our country and make our American dollars, you need to respect a game that has been here for over a hundred years, and I think sometimes that can be misconstrued. There are some players that have antics, that have done things over the years that we don’t necessarily agree with.

“I understand you want to say it’s a cultural thing or an upbringing thing. But by the time you get to the big leagues, you better have a pretty good understanding of what this league is and how long it’s been around.’’
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... /73066892/

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I don’t know Norris’ history well enough to know he’s a racist. Is this a thing?
When he was acquired there were some quotes from him that pointed that direction.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

He's definitely a racist. But go ahead and bury your head in the sand.

Yeah guys Hicks just LOVES being on this team:

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Yeah.
“I think it’s a culture shock,’’ Norris said. “This is America’s game. This is America’s pastime, and over the last 10-15 years we’ve seen a very big world influence in this game, which we as a union and as players appreciate. We’re opening this game to everyone that can play. However, if you’re going to come into our country and make our American dollars, you need to respect a game that has been here for over a hundred years, and I think sometimes that can be misconstrued. There are some players that have antics, that have done things over the years that we don’t necessarily agree with.

“I understand you want to say it’s a cultural thing or an upbringing thing. But by the time you get to the big leagues, you better have a pretty good understanding of what this league is and how long it’s been around.’’
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... /73066892/
What’s wrong with this exactly? Trying to preserve the culture of an American pastime?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The game belongs to non-American players as much as it does to anyone else. I suspect you know that though.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

MAGA wrote: What’s wrong with this exactly? Trying to preserve the culture of an American pastime?
hahahahahaha

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Hating Matheny and defending Hicks from a racist redneck who is hazing him is now considered "bad" here.

Thought this was the non-Cards Talk sanctuary forum.
Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on July 11 18, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Some posters here need to have a little more respect. I mean GRB has been around for over 12 years, by the time you get here, you need to understand what this forum is about and how long it has been around.
Last edited by wart57 on July 11 18, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Mea culpa.

Mentoring and getting up guys asses who need it is a thing and should be on a team- and in a fire house. Probably should not be the guy who has a rep as a racist or culture warrior.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

And Bud Norris continues to get work in spite of egregious racism and locker room cancer