CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: ‘19 HoF ballot: Rivera 100%, Halladay, Edgar, Mussina in

Post by CardsofSTL »

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:The irony of ironies is setting up for 2022, when Bonds and Clemens will be denied on their last ballot while David Ortiz, the only one of the three to fail a drug test, will get in on his first.
There are some very odd years coming before that too. Next year the ballot, in order of who deserves in, goes:
Bonds
Clemens
Schilling
Walker
Jeter
Rolen
Manny
Andruw Jones
----this is probably where the line breaks and we get into undeserving--
Helton
Sosa
Abreu
Sheffield
Pettite
Giambi
Kent
Lee
Vizquel

Cliff Lee and Omar Vizquel will 100% for sure get more votes each than Manny and Andruw Jones combined. We will probably see the weirdest class since Dawson went in solo with it being Jeter (like 97% of ballots) going in solo, or maybe Jeter plus Larry Walker on a crazy 20%+ bump in his final year.

Then 2021 comes and Tim Hudson is the best new candidate, so take the ballot above and remove Walker and Jeter. Does something weird happen, like Schilling goes in alone (he had 60% this year) or Cliff Lee leapfrogs a whole bunch of better players, or the class of 2021 has no BBWAA-approved players? Is 2021 the year that the writers finally give up and put Bonds and Clemens in? The next few classes are going to spark a lot of debate about the Hall I think.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

off topic but this is making me feel old in the sense that we're now at a stage where all these new guys are eligible (legit or not) who were big time players/names in my teenage years when i was really getting back into baseball and cementing my love for it etc. you never think you are getting old but you are and yer gonna die.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:off topic but this is making me feel old in the sense that we're now at a stage where all these new guys are eligible (legit or not) who were big time players/names in my teenage years when i was really getting back into baseball and cementing my love for it etc. you never think you are getting old but you are and yer gonna die.
Thanks for cheering us all up.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

The videos of these guys getting the call are dumb.