Re: Miguel Sano accused of assaulting Twins photographer

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Kick him out of the league

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Kick him out of the league
This stuff disturbs me too but let’s wait for it to be substantiated or corroborated?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

MAGA wrote:
This stuff disturbs me too but let’s wait for it to be substantiated or corroborated?
Stop blaming victims.

What does she have to gain from this? Seriously it's equally disturbing how men need details and corroboration all the time. It sounds like she's telling the truth from all that's being reported. What do you think he wanted to do when he tried to kiss her and drag her into the bathroom?

Kick him out of the league. I'll say it again: kick him out of the league.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Assaulting or sexually assaulting? I mean both are fireable offenses but there is a difference.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The author's tweets are now protected, but I had read her excerpt earlier.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote: The author's tweets are now protected, but I had read her excerpt earlier.
FTR:
Let me start by saying, all I want from this, is to tell my story. You may believe me, you may not. I’ve been afraid to tell my story. Afraid that I wouldn’t get the access to shoot baseball that I got before.

Since Twins Daily has been stripped of most of their access, I now realize, I have nothing to lose by telling my story. Every day new stories come out. More women come forward about their sexual assaults and rapes. When will it end? For those of us who have been thru a similar situation, hearing each of those stories is another reminder of what we went thru. Here’s my story.

I’ve been a huge fan of baseball for the majority of my life, so naturally, I like doing sports photography and working autograph signings of Minnesota athletes. I’ve shot the Twins camera well on many occasion, and this is where my story starts…it ends with working at an autograph signing.

He noticed me in the camera well. I didn’t pay much attention to what they are doing in the dugout, unless I was looking for a shot. I like candid shots. Shots of guys doing funny things, pregame rituals, etc. This year was different. It started off with the first base coach hitting on me almost every game I was at. I could ignore this. The first base coach didn’t bother me. I didn’t oblige. This is the day though that I think the athlete noticed me and remembered me.

He was lined up to do an autograph signing at the store I volunteered at. He made a comment while we got our picture together that he had seen me during the games. During the signing, he kept trying to flirt with me (I didn’t reciprocate). After the signing was over, he decided that he wanted to go to the Apple store before he left the mall. As him, his agents, and the guy I worked for walked away, he grabbed my wrist and made me go with them. (I didn’t want to cause a scene, so I just went along).

We spend around a half hour inside that store before it was time for him and his agent to leave. Their car was pulled around to a back hallway door. As we got outside, the athlete decided he needed to use the restroom. I asked my boss where it was and pointed to the door we just walked thru. Apparently I was too close, and the athlete took that as a signal that I wanted him to grab me and try to take me back thru that door.

I pulled back as he held onto my wrist. It hurt, how badly he was grasping at my wrist, but he wouldn’t let go. I wasn’t going to give up my fight though. He then leaned down and tried to kiss me, more than once. Every time he did, I said no and kept pulling back. I was in a squatted position with my wrist throbbing. I screamed, no one came to help me. He finally gave up after a solid ten minutes of fighting to pull me thru that door. No, he didn’t rape me, but he sure did assault me.

When I said no, it should have been the end of it. He should have respected that and stopped. Instead he hurt me and kept going. The next day, my body was sore all over from having to fight off this athlete that thought he was entitled to take advantage of me against my will.
It’s not just the recaps of my fellow women who have been thru situations of their own that remind me of what happened, it’s every baseball game, every write up about him that rehashes this. Every time I have to hear about how great people think Miguel Sano is, I’m reminded of how awful he actually is and how he hurt me.”

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

IMADreamer wrote:Assaulting or sexually assaulting? I mean both are fireable offenses but there is a difference.
Well, he did try to kiss her and drag her into a bathroom.

What do you call that?

Plouffe comment is unnecessary. Women don't need men white knighting either. Men need to stop raping.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
MAGA wrote:
Seriously it's equally disturbing how men need details and corroboration all the time.
Yeah, some men are the crazy ones for wanting more details and/or evidence about accusations that end careers and reputations. :?
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
MAGA wrote:
What does she have to gain from this?
It sounds like she’s out of a job in her preferred line of work. She’s also been offered jobs following this post. Sounds like she has a lot to gain.

She has 70,000+ tweets. Because we are pretending to have a crystal ball and be all knowing and know people’s behavior. Maybe she likes attention?
Last edited by MAGA on December 28 17, 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

MAGA wrote: Yeah, some men are the crazy ones for wanting more details and/or evidence about accusations that end careers and reputations. :?
How about taking her word for it? There's no gain here for her. She already has tons of idiots saying she didn't do enough and that she's a liar.

Love to victim blame. Neat.

If some one is being assaulted, it's not on them to quickly put on gloves and gather forensic evidence. Are women supposed to carry spy equipment on them now? Because men can't handle their dick?
Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on December 28 17, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.