Harper: Elite or Overrated?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Re: Harper: Elite or Overrated?

Post by letsgocards89 »

Fat Strat wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
go birds wrote:what rosenthal sayin about the cards/harper?

in his latest tweets he mentions the "cards looking beyond harper". So we've already gone from looking into harper to looking beyond harper?
trout FTW
It means we don't have tunnel vision on Harper. It's not him or bust. We're also looking at players who will become targets after Harper signs.
That's how I read that too.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

which kind of frustrates me, because Rosenthal is one of the few reports who actually, historically speaking, is accurate/knows what he's talking about

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

The Cardinals have given me zero reason to believe they'll pay what's necessary to get an elite free agent. I'm not getting sucked in this off season.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

ZigZagCardsFan wrote:The Cardinals have given me zero reason to believe they'll pay what's necessary to get an elite free agent. I'm not getting sucked in this off season.
+

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
ZigZagCardsFan wrote:The Cardinals have given me zero reason to believe they'll pay what's necessary to get an elite free agent. I'm not getting sucked in this off season.
+
++

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Goold, speaking of Harper, and possibly related to looking beyond him.
The Cardinals have interest in multiple Boras clients, and they were described Wednesday by someone familiar with those talks as “a factor” in the courtship of the young slugger, in this Harper’s bazaar. The 26-year-old outfielder is intrigued by overtures from the Cardinals, multiple sources confirmed, and another source referred to the Cardinals as “in a better position than maybe they realize.”
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/basebal ... c9785.html

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Spider John wrote:Goold, speaking of Harper, and possibly related to looking beyond him.
The Cardinals have interest in multiple Boras clients, and they were described Wednesday by someone familiar with those talks as “a factor” in the courtship of the young slugger, in this Harper’s bazaar. The 26-year-old outfielder is intrigued by overtures from the Cardinals, multiple sources confirmed, and another source referred to the Cardinals as “in a better position than maybe they realize.”
Don't play with my emotions!

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Spider John wrote:Goold, speaking of Harper, and possibly related to looking beyond him.
In other words, Harper's gonna pull a Scherzer and express surprise we didn't make an offer.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

I already see how this is going to play out. Harper's market drags on and more and more stories are released about how the price is lower than anyone expected. The frugal Cardinals are lead suitors, then in the 11th hour, one of the bigger market team blows the Cards offer out of the water.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

so who do we believe? rosenthal or STL media?