Molina wins Roberto Clemente Award

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Molina wins Roberto Clemente Award

Post by tlombard »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Congrats to the future HoF'er. Manny Machado would never come close to sniffing the Clemente Award. Probably doesn't even know who that is.
Good thing Machado would be hanging around guys like Wainwright, Molina, and McGee, right?

Also is there any way Molina ISN'T a future Cardinals manager? My god there's no better fit for managing than him.
I would have thought pretty much the same thing with regards to Oquendo before the Matheny hiring.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

tlombard wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Congrats to the future HoF'er. Manny Machado would never come close to sniffing the Clemente Award. Probably doesn't even know who that is.
Good thing Machado would be hanging around guys like Wainwright, Molina, and McGee, right?

Also is there any way Molina ISN'T a future Cardinals manager? My god there's no better fit for managing than him.
I would have thought pretty much the same thing with regards to Oquendo before the Matheny hiring.
Molina sure does seem like he would be a good manager.

My belief regarding Matheny's demise has much to do with his ego getting in the way. Molina is very much the same with a strong personality, etc. and a much more successful playing career.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

That must be really special for Molina.

Roughly on the subject, has anyone read the Clemente biography by David Maraniss? Or another they could recommend?

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

This is really something for Molina.

I remember as a kid reading about Clemente in a book my mom had got me. I was maybe 8 years old and it was in the 80's, but Clemente was instantly a hero of mine.

I am so glad Yadi is a Cardinal.

TheTimeIsNow
All-Star

Post by TheTimeIsNow »

Congrats to Yadier. Always respected him as a player. Not being a Cardinals fan, I was not that aware of how much of a philanthropist he was. This has gotta feel good for him, and for the Clemente family that a fellow Puerto Rican has followed in Clemente's footsteps.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

TheTimeIsNow wrote:Congrats to Yadier. Always respected him as a player. Not being a Cardinals fan, I was not that aware of how much of a philanthropist he was. This has gotta feel good for him, and for the Clemente family that a fellow Puerto Rican has followed in Clemente's footsteps.
I highly recommend reading Molina: The Story of the Father of an Unlikely Baseball Dynasty.

The Molina brother's father was very active in Puerto Rico baseball and played with Clemente back in the day. Its a great read no matter who you root for.
Last edited by Joe Shlabotnik on October 31 18, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Well deserving win for #4

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

uh...i think the voices are lowered?

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Jocephus wrote:uh...i think the voices are lowered?

Yeah, the playback is slow.