GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 26 19, 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
PostPosted: May 3 19, 4:44 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

I don't know why Mo would expect Voit to regress vs MLB pitching, other than the fact that the vast majority of MLB players do.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 5:46 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
I don't know why Mo would expect Voit to regress vs MLB pitching, other than the fact that the vast majority of MLB players do.

If someone is raking .900+ OPS with good peripherals. They usually do well in MLB. And stay that way for a bit.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 6:08 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:

If someone is raking .900+ OPS with good peripherals. They usually do well in MLB. And stay that way for a bit.

We should get a king's ransom for Rangel Ravelo

PostPosted: May 3 19, 8:28 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Home run power isn’t there. Memphis is a small park too.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 11:05 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Some guys just something clicks in them later on, for example: Jose Bautista.

PostPosted: May 4 19, 9:56 am 
Hall Of Famer

Voit has been good for about 400 at bats but I don't know why people are fake trying to make this a thing like we haven't seen this same type of thing happen a million times. A non-elite prospect older player comes up for a few months, performs beyond expectations, articles are written about how he may be the real thing because of some underling things in his approach people didn't account for, yadda, yadda, yadda...then they eventually fizzle out after a season or two. It literally happens all the time.

Allen Craig, Chris Duncan come to mind off top.

PostPosted: May 6 19, 1:52 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Magneto2.0 wrote:
Voit has been good for about 400 at bats but I don't know why people are fake trying to make this a thing like we haven't seen this same type of thing happen a million times. A non-elite prospect older player comes up for a few months, performs beyond expectations, articles are written about how he may be the real thing because of some underling things in his approach people didn't account for, yadda, yadda, yadda...then they eventually fizzle out after a season or two. It literally happens all the time.

I don't think Voit is great. He could still have a productive career though. I think he was undervalued when traded.

Also...
Justin Turner
Jose Bautista
Jayson Werth
Nelson Cruz
David Ortiz

all say what's up

PostPosted: May 6 19, 11:52 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Magneto2.0 wrote:

I don't think Voit is great. He could still have a productive career though. I think he was undervalued when traded.

Also...
Justin Turner
Jose Bautista
Jayson Werth
Nelson Cruz
David Ortiz

all say what's up

Those guys all debuted well before age 26. Freese, Gattis, Hafner and Uggla could work, but the point is that it's still unlikely that he'll have a consequential MLB career and his ceiling is limited.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 12:03 am 
Master of Hyperbole

Readiness is all that matters really. Voit could have debuted a bit sooner. He was a "body" in the system and blocked by several players as he ascended. A college guy who already displayed power quickly didn't need two years in Palm Beach so David freaking Washington could get reps in Springfield.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 12:33 am 
Hall Of Famer

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Readiness is all that matters really. Voit could have debuted a bit sooner. He was a "body" in the system and blocked by several players as he ascended. A college guy who already displayed power quickly didn't need two years in Palm Beach so David freaking Washington could get reps in Springfield.

This isn't the way I'd describe a guy slugging .405 as a 24yo in the FSL, but whatever fits your narrative. I mean, Jim Edmonds should've been in RF most of his career, just look at these baserunning stats.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next