GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 26 19, 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
PostPosted: May 7 19, 1:19 am 
Master of Hyperbole

haltz wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Readiness is all that matters really. Voit could have debuted a bit sooner. He was a "body" in the system and blocked by several players as he ascended. A college guy who already displayed power quickly didn't need two years in Palm Beach so David freaking Washington could get reps in Springfield.

This isn't the way I'd describe a guy slugging .405 as a 24yo in the FSL, but whatever fits your narrative. I mean, Jim Edmonds should've been in RF most of his career, just look at these baserunning stats.

“Wah” The context of that conversation was about speed/bat dichotomy at the position itself. I think Edmonds as a rangey RF with his strong arm would have been Heyward level good. A lot of the stuff he dives for, speedier guys catch without diving. Baserunning was the only way to illustrate speed, given the stats we have. But I guess I'm supposed to add +15 DRS or whatever just because you said. Let’s nevermind that defensive stats are bogus. Schwarber, undoubtedly bad in LF, has great UZR and Ozuna winning a gold glove shows how much those matter.

Carpenter slugged .342 and .404 at that level. And he was just extended as a 33 year old.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 7:59 am 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

hahahahahaha

PostPosted: May 7 19, 9:27 am 
Everday Unicorn

Let's talk about Goldschmidt.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 9:34 am 
just can't quit you.

Goldy is good.

I like Goldy.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 10:06 am 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

If we would have passed up trading for Goldschmidt with a comfortable deal (then extending at a comfortable rate) to commit to Luke [expletive] Voit, I would have been pissed.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 10:13 am 
Everday Unicorn

Popeye_Card wrote:
If we would have passed up trading for Goldschmidt with a comfortable deal (then extending at a comfortable rate) to commit to Luke [expletive] Voit, I would have been pissed.

Exactly. Kudos to Voit; he's played great for the Yankees. In 73 games. Bo Hart played 77 awesome games for the Cardinals that one season.

Meanwhile, Goldy has put up a 144 OPS+ over 1127 major league games. I know which sample size I'm betting on.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 10:15 am 
Everyday Player

heyzeus wrote:
Let's talk about Goldschmidt.

I don't know, I like where this Jim Edmonds could have been as good as Jason Heyward conversation is going....

I don't know about you guys but I like Goldschmidt and I for one am glad he is on the Cardinals.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 10:23 am 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

heyzeus wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:

Exactly. Kudos to Voit; he's played great for the Yankees. In 73 games. Bo Hart played 77 awesome games for the Cardinals that one season.

Meanwhile, Goldy has put up a 144 OPS+ over 1127 major league games. I know which sample size I'm betting on.

I think you’re forgetting that Luke Voit doesn’t age

PostPosted: May 7 19, 10:25 am 
Master of Hyperbole

Who said this was either/or with Goldschmidt/Voit?

And who said Voit doesn't age?

I think it's fine to question the signing given the plethora of Walkers/Voits/Volgelbachs out there. And when the team had Carpenter. And that doesn't mean I think Goldy sucks either.

Amazing, the power to understand nuance.

Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on May 7 19, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 7 19, 10:30 am 
Perennial All-Star

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Who said this was either/or with Goldschmidt/Voit?

And who said Voit doesn't age?

Where does Voit play if he's still in StL?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next