Cardinals at Mariners July 2-4 2019

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Re: Cardinals at Mariners July 2-4 2019

Post by greenback44 »

Mary1966 wrote:Ozuna goes on the IL just before these games and the injury is to his right hand. Sigh. No Ozuna autograph for me. I think I’ll buy a Cardinals cap from the Mariners team store and see if I can get someone else’s autograph.
Shoot, Mary, I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm starting to think 2019 just isn't the Cardinals' year.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I’m going to all three games if my arms don’t fall off from kayaking the Salish sea.

Going to be boring.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I went to a Minnesota Twins game in Seattle when Sidney Ponson was with them and bought a Twins cap to have Sidney sign, but the first player I ran into was Joe Nathan and I didn’t want to insult him by refusing to let him sign my cap, so I now have a a Twins cap with Joe Nathan’s autograph on it. The funniest thing that happened at that game was went someone at the Hit It Here Cafe asked me if the cap was from Texas Christian University. Later, when Sidney was with the Texas Rangers, I did get him to autograph a game worn Cardinals jersey that I had bought on eBay. But I bought a Rangers cap to get his attention. That’s when the usher took a photo of us together and I took a photo of Sidney that I uploaded to his Wikipedia page. I also own a Montreal Expos cap that I wore to the only Expos game I attended, in 2004, and I had someone take a photo of me in the cap, holding my homemade sign and a Expos Russian nesting doll that I got autographed by Orlando Cabrera. For my Cardinals cap, I’m thinking about trying to get Adam Wainwright’s autograph.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I've decided to wear my Sidney Ponson Cardinals jersey to the games. This is a picture of me wearing it when I first got it. As you can see it is a snug fit. Today I put it on and it is a loose fit. I've lost 50 pounds since January. This is really the first time it's dawned on me how much weight that is.

[SHOW]
(Spoilered for size.)

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Looks great, Mary. Congrats on the weight loss!

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

This was my first Cardinals game in Seattle:

GDT 6/26/16-Cardinals (García) @ Mariners (Paxton) 3:10 CDT

The Cardinals hit 6 HR's and won 11-6.