Arb thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
go birds
-go birds

Arb thread

Post by go birds »

for those interested...deals are coming out today.

Of note--Mookie Betts: 1yr/20m

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Arb thread

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Younger players need to be paid better. Hopefully the union fixes that in the next CBA.

Mookie deserves 40m/year. He just had a season where he had more than twice the fWAR of our best player.

Imagine having two Paul Goldschmidts in one player.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

interested to see what Arenado ends up with

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

I'm betting Ozuna heads to an arb hearing...I bet what he (and boras) think his value is, is much diff than the cards view

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Cardinals and OF Marcell Ozuna avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year contract.
It's unclear at this point how much Ozuna will receive. He batted .280/.325/.433 with 23 home runs and 88 RBI in his first season in St. Louis and was arbitration-eligible for the third and final time.
Source: Jenifer Langosch on Twitter
Jan 11 - 4:04 PM

Cardinals and RHP Dominic Leone avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year contract.
The financials are not yet known. Leone was eligible for arbitration for the first time.
Source: Jenifer Langosch on Twitter
Jan 11 - 4:01 PM

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

cardsfantx wrote:I'm betting Ozuna heads to an arb hearing...I bet what he (and boras) think his value is, is much diff than the cards view
You lose the bet, pay up

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Thought this was about antihypertenisve meds

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

cardsfantx wrote:I'm betting Ozuna heads to an arb hearing...I bet what he (and boras) think his value is, is much diff than the cards view
What did you bet?

That was never gonna happen.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Cubs and 3B/OF Kris Bryant avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $12.9 million contract.
Bryant set a record for a first-time arbitration-eligible player last winter with a $10.85 million salary and he will get a raise of over $2 million even after a disappointing season that saw him bat .272/.374/.460 with 13 homers over 102 contests. He's under team control through 2021.
Source: Patrick Mooney on Twitter
Jan 11 - 4:34 PM

Cubs and INF Javier Baez avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $5.2 million contract.
It's a well-deserved huge raise for Baez in his first year of arbitration eligibility. He finished runner-up for the National League MVP award after batting .290/.326/.554 with 34 home runs and 21 stolen bases.
Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter
Jan 11 - 4:26 PM

Blue Jays and OF Randal Grichuk avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $5 million contract.
Grichuk was eligible for arbitration for the second time. He batted .245/.301/.502 with 25 home runs in his first season in Toronto.
Source: Ben Nicholson-Smith on Twitter
Jan 11 - 4:44 PM