Michael Brantley a better option than Fowler/Martinez in RF?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Socnorb11
The Last Word

Re: Michael Brantley a better option than Fowler/Martinez in

Post by Socnorb11 »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Brantley has been up and down his entire career, just like Fowler has. I don't see the point in going there........ again.
Michael Brantley has been over 5 wins better in his career than Fowler and in 1 less season.

Almost all of that is because he had a 6.5 WAR season in 2014. Why would we want to pay for 2014?

Look, I'm not even saying that he's no slightly better than Fowler. My point is that I'm not that interested in paying free agent market price for someone who is slightly better than what we have, at a position of relative depth.

Harper? Fine. Brantley........ I don't see the point.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
Magneto2.0 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Brantley has been up and down his entire career, just like Fowler has. I don't see the point in going there........ again.
Michael Brantley has been over 5 wins better in his career than Fowler and in 1 less season.

Almost all of that is because he had a 6.5 WAR season in 2014. Why would we want to pay for 2014?

Look, I'm not even saying that he's no slightly better than Fowler. My point is that I'm not that interested in paying free agent market price for someone who is slightly better than what we have, at a position of relative depth.

Harper? Fine. Brantley........ I don't see the point.
Take out both their best seasons and it's still a 3 win difference.

Yeah, I'm not saying he's a priority at all just it wouldn't be a bad move, nor do I think it'll be a lateral one. I think he genuinely gives us an extra win maybe even two.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I find Brantley useful if we don't get Harper. But I see less of a need for Fowler at that point.