GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently March 26 19, 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: December 19 18, 5:29 pm 
Everyday Player

NDark wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
MAGA wrote:
Barry Bonds didn’t play the aliens. He doesn’t count.

Right because there were no aliens, whereas there were black guys who were not allowed to play. So you've kinda equated keeping out black people who wanted to play with keeping out aliens who were never present. How very MAGA of you.

True, but I'll throw in another thought. Back when the Babe played baseball was the main sport. Now of course anyone with the talent is able to play but I would suggest that the best athletes of today and the last couple decades really have been drawn to other sports over baseball.

Yeah, but the US population was a lot smaller and the sport is now hugely popular internationally. I'd guess that today's talent pool is still larger than the combined black and white talent pool of the 20's and 30's.

PostPosted: December 20 18, 2:40 pm 
The Last Word

dan_yall wrote:
NDark wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
MAGA wrote:

Right because there were no aliens, whereas there were black guys who were not allowed to play. So you've kinda equated keeping out black people who wanted to play with keeping out aliens who were never present. How very MAGA of you.

True, but I'll throw in another thought. Back when the Babe played baseball was the main sport. Now of course anyone with the talent is able to play but I would suggest that the best athletes of today and the last couple decades really have been drawn to other sports over baseball.

Yeah, but the US population was a lot smaller and the sport is now hugely popular internationally. I'd guess that today's talent pool is still larger than the combined black and white talent pool of the 20's and 30's.

The talent pool is infinitely larger.

PostPosted: December 20 18, 5:36 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

MAGA wrote:

This is the dumbest [expletive] you've ever posted dude.

PostPosted: December 20 18, 7:55 pm 
Veteran Player

Barry Bonds didn’t play with mainland Chinese and Indian people. In the event that baseball spreads to those 2.5b people, the person who would be best in that timeline would be superior to Barry Bonds because Bonds didn’t play with THOSE people?

PostPosted: December 20 18, 8:31 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Lock it up

PostPosted: December 20 18, 8:45 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

MAGA wrote:
Barry Bonds didn’t play with mainland Chinese and Indian people. In the event that baseball spreads to those 2.5b people, the person who would be best in that timeline would be superior to Barry Bonds because Bonds didn’t play with THOSE people?

Were those people banned from playing in his league and were they playing in separate leagues along with being demeaned as a people systemically while he played?

PostPosted: December 20 18, 8:58 pm 
Veteran Player

What bearing does the nature of the separation have on the overall point we’re discussing. Babe Ruth’s capabilities/accomplishments are belittled by some because he didn’t play alongside POC. Well, there’s 2.5b people in Asia who haven’t embraced baseball. If/when they do, will that diminish the accomplishments of players today? By that initial logic, it must. Because it’s about overall talent pool.

PostPosted: December 21 18, 2:31 am 
Hall Of Famer

Don't feed the troll.

PostPosted: December 21 18, 9:36 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

No point in letting this continue.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4