Does the age of this team concern you?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: Does the age of this team concern you?

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

cardsfantx wrote:I prefer young men in their 20’s; all in shape; oiled up and...wait sorry. Was supposed to be my PM order to CardsofSTL
#moist

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Also, I don't think this team is done. We're certainly looking to trade Jose Martinez and I still expect it to happen. We could -- and probably will -- see a lefthanded infielder come our way. Probably someone better than the guy we just snagged from the Rangers. We could also see a re-shaping of our roster depth.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Fat Strat wrote:Also, I don't think this team is done. We're certainly looking to trade Jose Martinez and I still expect it to happen. We could -- and probably will -- see a lefthanded infielder come our way. Probably someone better than the guy we just snagged from the Rangers. We could also see a re-shaping of our roster depth.
At this point I’d prefer to hold on to J Mart, but I can see them going either way. If they do move him do you think it will be for mlb talent or maybe a couple lottery tickets to clean up the 40 man?

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Diddy wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:Also, I don't think this team is done. We're certainly looking to trade Jose Martinez and I still expect it to happen. We could -- and probably will -- see a lefthanded infielder come our way. Probably someone better than the guy we just snagged from the Rangers. We could also see a re-shaping of our roster depth.
At this point I’d prefer to hold on to J Mart, but I can see them going either way. If they do move him do you think it will be for mlb talent or maybe a couple lottery tickets to clean up the 40 man?
I think they couldn't get the left handed RP that they wanted, so now they will try to get a LH'ed bench player. Preferably an INF, but I think they would take a young OF'er, too. At the moment, our OF depth behind O'Neill isn't all that great. Do we really want Adolis Garcia up all season if one of our starters gets hurt? It's probably workable, but not ideal. Then there is Lane Thomas, who could be solid, Arozorena, who is pretty bad, and Drew Robinson who is pretty infielder'y.

A bench of C, Gyorko, O'Neill/Fowler, Munoz/Robinson/LH'ed INF TBD, and LH'ed OF'er makes a ton of sense. We could go 12 man staff or 13 and send the INF or OF down.

If they can't do that, then, yeah, I think that they'll just move Martinez for some non-40 man prospects.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Lefty relievers can play forever so I’m not worried about Miller

jagtrader
Hall Of Famer

Post by jagtrader »

This is a deep team with a few star caliber players. What else do you want?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Yadi and Dex are the only long term commitments. Not like anyone has the AP contract. This isn’t Ryan Howard and Utley and Rollins type old Phillies situation.

I don’t see a concern.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

cardsfantx wrote:I prefer young men in their 20’s; all in shape; oiled up and...wait sorry. Was supposed to be my PM order to CardsofSTL
There's definitely some value in that but sometimes you wanna guy that knows his way around the field. #youknowwhatimtalkingabout

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Fat Strat wrote:
Diddy wrote:
There's also the OF we got back from Tampa Bay in the Rays deal. Justin William's I think?

I think they couldn't get the left handed RP that they wanted, so now they will try to get a LH'ed bench player. Preferably an INF, but I think they would take a young OF'er, too. At the moment, our OF depth behind O'Neill isn't all that great. Do we really want Adolis Garcia up all season if one of our starters gets hurt? It's probably workable, but not ideal. Then there is Lane Thomas, who could be solid, Arozorena, who is pretty bad, and Drew Robinson who is pretty infielder'y.

A bench of C, Gyorko, O'Neill/Fowler, Munoz/Robinson/LH'ed INF TBD, and LH'ed OF'er makes a ton of sense. We could go 12 man staff or 13 and send the INF or OF down.

If they can't do that, then, yeah, I think that they'll just move Martinez for some non-40 man prospects.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Aren't the Cardinals one of the youngest teams in baseball?