Does the age of this team concern you?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Re: Does the age of this team concern you?

Post by Hoot45 »

Diddy wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:Also, I don't think this team is done. We're certainly looking to trade Jose Martinez and I still expect it to happen. We could -- and probably will -- see a lefthanded infielder come our way. Probably someone better than the guy we just snagged from the Rangers. We could also see a re-shaping of our roster depth.
At this point I’d prefer to hold on to J Mart, but I can see them going either way. If they do move him do you think it will be for mlb talent or maybe a couple lottery tickets to clean up the 40 man?
I would prefer to hold on to JMart at this point as well. I trust even in limited opportunities he will succeed again at the plate. Even though the Cardinals have been infamously trigger shy at the deadline recently, I think moving him then has the potential to be valuable. Maybe an injury elsewhere opens up a greater demand for him and we can use him to fix a known weakness in the summer.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Does the age of this team concern you?

Post by CardsofSTL »

Hoot45 wrote:
Diddy wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:Also, I don't think this team is done. We're certainly looking to trade Jose Martinez and I still expect it to happen. We could -- and probably will -- see a lefthanded infielder come our way. Probably someone better than the guy we just snagged from the Rangers. We could also see a re-shaping of our roster depth.
At this point I’d prefer to hold on to J Mart, but I can see them going either way. If they do move him do you think it will be for mlb talent or maybe a couple lottery tickets to clean up the 40 man?
I would prefer to hold on to JMart at this point as well. I trust even in limited opportunities he will succeed again at the plate. Even though the Cardinals have been infamously trigger shy at the deadline recently, I think moving him then has the potential to be valuable. Maybe an injury elsewhere opens up a greater demand for him and we can use him to fix a known weakness in the summer.
JMart probably has more value as a bench bar than flipping him for a middling reliever would be worth. Keep him unless the offer is sweet.