Fowler 2019

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Fowler 2019

Post by Popeye_Card »

Do you keep a file on these things or something?

Still unsure how this applies to the folks on this forum.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Popeye_Card wrote:Do you keep a file on these things or something?

Still unsure how this applies to the folks on this forum.
Took less than a minute and a half to search Twitter and this forum. Many here didn't mind the Pham trade and many thought the same

Many of you didn't like Pham for reasons that other players like Chris Carpenter are glorified for. Example:
jagtrader wrote: Yeah, Pham got tossed from the dugout by the same umpire who didn't toss Molina after getting shoved by him. I'm sure Pham didn't deserve it. He doesn't act like a horse's ass all the time or anything. The manager should throw a hissy fit because his center fielder is a 30-year-old child.
If you want more than one, I can easily find them. Want me to show you the Cmart+"Blue Hair" search results?

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

Knock yourself out.

I didn’t care for Pham’s antics either, but it has nothing to do with race. You can find plenty of my posts bashing Harper too.

sjgoten6
All-Star

Post by sjgoten6 »

Criticism of a player doesnt constitute racism even if the claims are unfounded. Unless you know the true nature of the message, one can only speculate.

IE: some people can just be trolls.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

What antics of Pham? Describe his antics.

Did you like Chris Carpenter’s antics? Did you like Rolen’s?

There’s criticism (Dexter’s defensive skills declining) and then there’s a pattern (“he doesn’t hustle enough”).

All Pham did was call out Mo and Matheny for being an idiot (he was right—they even admitted to being wrong) and uh....what? Got mad at himself for a groundball out too much? Too “animated?” Holliday did that all the time. Carpenter does constantly.

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

This message board is being overtaken. Every other thread turns into the same general topic about race and how most of the fan base is racist. I'm surprised these people still have such a rooting interest in a franchise overun by bigots.

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

The off-field antics, in regards to his interactions with Matheny and the front office.

And yeah, I liked Rolen but didn’t care for his beef with LaRussa either.

As for Fowler, he’s admitted his heart wasn’t in it last season. I have nothing against him, and don’t mind the plan to have him battle with O’Neill for playing time in RF next season. I think he’ll bounce back.

I’m done discussing this. Merry xmas.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

NDark wrote:This message board is being overtaken. Every other thread turns into the same general topic about race and how most of the fan base is racist. I'm surprised these people still have such a rooting interest in a franchise overun by bigots.
Geeze, what’s wrong with having a conversation? Dramatic much? Anyways we can move on from race subject. It’s silly to act like it’s not some of the force behind his depression when Mo says “effort” and “lazy” and what not. Especially when Mo admitted to being wrong.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Popeye_Card wrote: Merry xmas.
You too Popeye

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

this has clearly gone beyond discussing but i do find it odd that of all random cardinals twitter, cards talk comments, and other various cardinal baseball internet jibber jabber, which GRB has no control or discretion over, these other entities discussions are taken as fact and come back here as "proof" by some who think, and one who happens to fawn over hard data, that the whole (or large and thus complacent) contingency of cards fandom is racist or unsavory. that said person is unable to understand that 5-10% of any population is always going to showcase the rubes and uninformed but that doesn't mean everybody is complicit. also odd that the one poster in particular, who acknowledged coming from the toxicity of cards talk (which we all did! praise michael!), comes to this forum and brings his own level of..."mmpfh"... then blames cardinals fans/forum members on a new era of bullishness that was never present beforehand.

don't lock the thread though. my fowler 2019 comments are as follows:

i hope he is productive for the cardinals sake and hope dexter has a good year for his own goals and satisfaction as a professional athlete. i wouldn't pretend to suggest i know what it takes.