GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 20 19, 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fowler 2019
PostPosted: December 24 18, 1:14 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

MAGA wrote:
It had nothing to do with dreaming on Bourjos have an elite defensive outfielder profile and a bat that wasn’t much worse at the time? Keep dreaming.

Try a lot worse.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 1:18 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

st.lewis11 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Yes hall of fame POC players and role players are beloved. Until Yadi speaks his mind on Instagram or until Albert wants money he deserves.

Heyward and Pham gave 5+ WAR seasons and people wanted them gone. I call BS on “there’s no racism” angle.

Bourjos vs. Jay was another microcosm of the racial divide. Jay was clearly better and everyone wanted Bourjos getting more playing time.

But players also encounter racism in other cities.....granted, you of course are right as for the BS on "no racism", but I feel it's only a minority of fans who felt that on your examples above. It seems most fans were upset at Heyward & Pham leaving, and I never heard about Jay not being preferred over Bourjos.

Yes it’s in other cities. I would like “BFIB” to be better.

Re: your other topics, you must have not been on Twitter/Cards Talk/at the games much in those times.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 1:24 pm 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
st.lewis11 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Yes hall of fame POC players and role players are beloved. Until Yadi speaks his mind on Instagram or until Albert wants money he deserves.

Heyward and Pham gave 5+ WAR seasons and people wanted them gone. I call BS on “there’s no racism” angle.

Bourjos vs. Jay was another microcosm of the racial divide. Jay was clearly better and everyone wanted Bourjos getting more playing time.

But players also encounter racism in other cities.....granted, you of course are right as for the BS on "no racism", but I feel it's only a minority of fans who felt that on your examples above. It seems most fans were upset at Heyward & Pham leaving, and I never heard about Jay not being preferred over Bourjos.

Yes it’s in other cities. I would like “BFIB” to be better.

Re: your other topics, you must have not been on Twitter/Cards Talk/at the games much in those times.

I would say to save your sermons for the fans that like to refer to themselves as BFIB on those other message boards. Not sure what preaching to us accomplishes.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 1:39 pm 
Veteran Player

Imagine getting this bent out of shape about random people posting on twitter. LOL. And then continuing to read it. Talk about rage addiction.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 2:26 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

MAGA wrote:
Imagine getting this bent out of shape about random people posting on twitter. LOL. And then continuing to read it. Talk about rage addiction.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 3:04 pm 
The Last Word

Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Did people want Heyward and Pham gone? Seems to me that nobody here wanted Pham gone.

Do you have any examples of white players speaking their mind in Instagram, and not catching hell for it?

As for Pujols, I'll bet you every penny I have that he gets a standing ovation when he returns next summer.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 3:08 pm 
Everyday Player

Big Amoco Sign wrote:

None of this is true. Albert's exit from St. Louis was oddly similar to Kurt Warner's. Right down to their wives stirring the pot in the local media. It was a short term flare up of hurt feelings and both guys will spend the rest of their lives beloved by St. Louis sports fans and community members alike.

Cardinal fans wanted Heyward to come back. Any negative reaction to him was because he signed with the Cubs for possibly less money and threw some mild shade at the org on the way out the door.

Bourjos was a guy with an elite skill and a 5 war season on his resume. Fans just hoped he could put it all together and provide more production at a position with room for improvement.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 3:29 pm 
Everday Unicorn

We can dig back up the old threads, but people really really really wanted to keep Heyward. Both the team and the fans.

And I still haven’t met a fan who can figure out with the Pham trade was all about. Still mind boggling.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 5:12 pm 
-go birds

Also people here loved that Pham was outspoken.

And like mentioned above, not a single person here embraces the BFIB nonsense.

PostPosted: December 24 18, 5:19 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

This won't take long at all.

"Fowler doesn't hustle"
"Pham is a cancer"
"Heyward isn't a leader"
"Pujols is greedy"

Piscotty and Grichuk are better than Pham and Heyward? On what planet?

Many of you said Pujols was greedy:
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Pujols+greedy&start=50

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next