GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 18 19, 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: June 6 19, 11:50 am 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that the Yankees are "facing late competition" from the Cardinals in their effort to sign free agent starter Dallas Keuchel.

Martino also writes that the Braves and Twins remain involved, "though the exact level of their interest" is unclear. Mark Feinsand of MLB.com heard from a source earlier this week that the Yankees had emerged as the "true favorites" for Keuchel, but it seems the Cardinals are making a push. Keuchel is no longer tied to draft-pick compensation and should land somewhere soon, maybe even with a multi-year contract in hand. The veteran southpaw posted a 3.74 ERA and 153/58 K/BB ratio over 204 2/3 innings (34 starts) with the Astros in 2018.
Source: SNY.tv
Jun 6, 2019, 1:48 PM ET

PostPosted: June 6 19, 11:55 am 
Master of Hyperbole

Yankees offered the QO of 1/17.9m

Yeah no collusion here folks. Just the algorithm saying what he's worth.

PostPosted: June 6 19, 12:36 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Well if the Cardinals are making a push; I am pleasantly surprised. I will be knocked over if they actually sign him.

PostPosted: June 6 19, 12:40 pm 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

CardsofSTL wrote:
Well if the Cardinals are making a push; I am pleasantly surprised. I will be knocked over if they actually sign him.

I'm still not sure that's even the right move. If Keuchel is 2-3 weeks away from being mound ready, then we're looking at about the first part of July. That's about the time that the trade market will start to gain some steam. I would hate to jump on Keuchel now and then miss a chance at a more impactful SP later. At the same time, the deadline will likely be too late to really make a difference for us if we have to run Cabrera, Woodford or Ponce until then. And by then, we might have another major need we have to fill via trade.

Keuchel does allow us to keep our prospects and he will arrive soon, so I guess I would lean in his direction.

PostPosted: June 6 19, 12:47 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

I would try to get him on a multi year deal. LOOGYs pitch forever and if he sucks, he should still be good at being that.

PostPosted: June 6 19, 1:02 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Fat Strat wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

I'm still not sure that's even the right move. If Keuchel is 2-3 weeks away from being mound ready, then we're looking at about the first part of July. That's about the time that the trade market will start to gain some steam. I would hate to jump on Keuchel now and then miss a chance at a more impactful SP later. At the same time, the deadline will likely be too late to really make a difference for us if we have to run Cabrera, Woodford or Ponce until then. And by then, we might have another major need we have to fill via trade.

Keuchel does allow us to keep our prospects and he will arrive soon, so I guess I would lean in his direction.

I just think with the lack of any one of the rookies taking a clear step forward this season; plus some fairly lukewarm appearance from both Mikolas and Flaherty; you got to try and add Keuchel. Even if you have to give him some starts in the minors to work things out; he can be here and ready to go for what could be make or break time for this season. If we are really all in; we got to be in on Dallas Keuchel.

PostPosted: June 6 19, 1:22 pm 
-go birds

Fat Strat wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

call me jaded but i dont see the cards trading for an impactful SP at the deadline.

Not even sure what an impactful starter means tbh....bumgarner? maybe but he will prolly be expensive. urena? no thanks

keuchal prolly gives you the production that an available arm would give you and he only costs dollars.

precious...precious...dollars

PostPosted: June 6 19, 1:26 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Dr. Bob
I thought that your tweet had a tacit criticism of the Cards not signing Kimbrell because of being cheap. Weren't you the one who reminded us that their organizational philosophy is to never pay for a closer because they can be developed? BTW, I completely agree with that sentiment. Keuckel is another story. I do hope they go the extra mile to get him for two years.

Craig Edwards
If I'm running an organization, I'm not going to spend a ton of money on a free agent reliever. If you are going to spend money on a free agent reliever, I think going for a more elite option is better. The Cardinals are really playing with fire right now in the rotation and Keuchel would really fit well with what they need without costing too much.

PostPosted: June 6 19, 1:30 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Quote:
MLB.com's Mark Feinsand hears that the Braves have now emerged as the frontrunner to sign free agent starter Dallas Keuchel.

The Yankees have been called the favorite for Keuchel all week, since he was shed from draft-pick compensation on Monday, and Andy Martino of SNY.tv reported Thursday that the Cardinals were the primary competition for New York. But a source tells Feinsand that the Braves are suddenly "making a push" to get it done. It has also been suggested that the Twins have some level of interest. There should be something tangible to announce very soon.

PostPosted: June 6 19, 2:20 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
Do it Mo. Shock the hell out of us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next