GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 19 19, 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 49  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:19 pm 
Offline
The Last Word

Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Posts: 19301
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
9 teams have a longer active postseason drought than the Cardinals, and most of them have been tanking.



Based on this criteria, you'd prefer that the Cardinals operate more like the Baltimore Orioles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:20 pm 
Online
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 3886
Cardinals operation isn't that fun anymore. 88 wins and no playoffs is boring baseball. Tanking for a super team would almost get more interesting. For some at least. 88 wins and praying for variance isn't a successful model in this near era of WC2 teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:21 pm 
Offline
The Last Word

Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Posts: 19301
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

You want me to show you a list of the teams that have been more successful in the last half decade?

It's really short.

7 teams (out of a possible 30) isn't that short. And you could argue the Mets have been more successful making it 8.

And that will rise after this season.


Which 7?

The Mets have had 2 winning seasons in the last 5 years. I have no idea what your criteria is here.

Well there's 7 teams with more wins than the Cardinals and the Mets are right behind them. And the Mets have been to the WS (the argument some could make pertaining to success). That's the criteria: wins + WS appearance

Could argue Royals too and make it 9.



So you'd prefer that the Cardinals operate more like the Mets & Royals?

Which 7 teams have more wins than the Cardinals in the last 5 years?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:21 pm 
Offline
'Burb Boy
User avatar

Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Posts: 19674
Location: Out of the Loop
Socnorb11 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
9 teams have a longer active postseason drought than the Cardinals, and most of them have been tanking.



Based on this criteria, you'd prefer that the Cardinals operate more like the Baltimore Orioles.



I'm saying maybe we can stop holding up the Cardinals as this bastion of success now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:23 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: June 16 07, 2:12 pm
Posts: 11996
Socnorb11 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

You want me to show you a list of the teams that have been more successful in the last half decade?

It's really short.

7 teams (out of a possible 30) isn't that short. And you could argue the Mets have been more successful making it 8.

And that will rise after this season.


Which 7?

The Mets have had 2 winning seasons in the last 5 years. I have no idea what your criteria is here.

Since the Mets are the only team he listed, I did a quick search

Average wins over the last 5 years for the Mets: 80.6
Average wins over the last 5 years for the Cards: 89.4

Both made the playoffs twice. So yeah I’m really lost on the criteria if the Mets qualify.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:25 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: June 16 07, 2:12 pm
Posts: 11996
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
9 teams have a longer active postseason drought than the Cardinals, and most of them have been tanking.



Based on this criteria, you'd prefer that the Cardinals operate more like the Baltimore Orioles.



I'm saying maybe we can stop holding up the Cardinals as this bastion of success now.

If we’re going over the last half decade then it should be the Dodgers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:26 pm 
Offline
The Last Word

Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Posts: 19301
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
9 teams have a longer active postseason drought than the Cardinals, and most of them have been tanking.



Based on this criteria, you'd prefer that the Cardinals operate more like the Baltimore Orioles.



I'm saying maybe we can stop holding up the Cardinals as this bastion of success now.



You should review the context of this conversation.

We're only playing this game because you guys wanted to present the organization as an epic failure (which isn't true), not because I was presenting them as the Reds of the 70's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:26 pm 
Offline
'Burb Boy
User avatar

Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Posts: 19674
Location: Out of the Loop
Socnorb11 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
9 teams have a longer active postseason drought than the Cardinals, and most of them have been tanking.



Based on this criteria, you'd prefer that the Cardinals operate more like the Baltimore Orioles.



I'm saying maybe we can stop holding up the Cardinals as this bastion of success now.



You should review the context of this conversation.

We're only playing this game because you guys wanted to present the organization as an epic failure (which isn't true), not because I was presenting them as the Reds of the 70's.


You're misrepresenting me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:26 pm 
Online
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 3886
Royals have been to two WS and winning one. Do they count as more successful?

The list ain't so short. My only point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:28 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: December 20 07, 2:45 pm
Posts: 19420
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Cardinals operation isn't that fun anymore. 88 wins and no playoffs is boring baseball. Tanking for a super team would almost get more interesting. For some at least. 88 wins and praying for variance isn't a successful model in this near era of WC2 teams.


No.

No.

No.

I guess.

Yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 49  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Amoco Sign, Cronos, Donnie Ebert, Google [Bot], lukethedrifter, MDCardsFan, wart57 and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group