GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 19 19, 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:28 pm 
The Last Word

So the Cards have an awful owner, an awful GM, and have had an awful manager for the last half decade, apparently.

Yet they've won more games than all but a handful of teams.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:30 pm 
'Burb Boy

They haven't adapted to the era of tanking teams very well. They're good at winning mid 80s games but mid 80s teams are rewarded less than ever now on several fronts. They make good moves but don't make nearly enough of them. As a result, they have good win totals but little to nothing to show for it.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:32 pm 
The Last Word

You know, I'm not even going to refute that, really.

They are one of a handful of teams that has tried to remain competitive for a decade and a half. It's hard to do that and still rise to the next level. I kinda agree with you that teams either need to tank or go for it, and the Cardinals haven't really committed to either.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:33 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Spider John wrote:
Magneto2.0 wrote:
I think ownership is a bigger issue than Mo

I've said for some time we mistakenly blame Mo, who can only do as much as BDW allows.

Eh, he picks dumb ways to spend the money and assemble the roster. Again, handling of players like Holland, Leake, Pham, Piscotty, Grichuk, Cecil, Gregerson, keeping Matheny, starting beefs with players like Fowler, etc.

I'll give Mo that BDW is the reason behind losing out to Heyward and Price. But his roster assembly sucks [expletive] the past half-decade. Getting lucky on a lottery ticket like Mikolas is supposed to change my mind about the dozen or so of bad moves? Mo's strength is the deadline deal and he couldn't even get one with Lynn or Norris. He's losing it.

Wow, people are really willing to die on this Lynn/Norris hill. How can the GM not trade these guys for people like Vlad Guerrero Jr.?

I will wait till the Cardinals have a losing season before I start thinking the GM has lost it.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:33 pm 
'Burb Boy

They just had to try harder. Really that comes down to money.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:35 pm 
Hall Of Famer

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
They haven't adapted to the era of tanking teams very well. They're good at winning mid 80s games but mid 80s teams are rewarded less than ever now on several fronts. They make good moves but don't make nearly enough of them. As a result, they have good win totals but little to nothing to show for it.

Marlins are tanking: Mo steals Ozuna.

D-Backs are tanking: Mo steals Goldy.

Dammit Mo. Adapt already.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:39 pm 
'Burb Boy

dmarx114 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

And does nothing else. And misses the playoffs. Three. Straight. Years.

It's almost like you missed half the damn post.

Dammit Mo, that's not hard to figure out.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:43 pm 
Hall Of Famer

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Oh, I guess someone else signed a free agent who became an all star last season.

If we ignore facts, I suppose it is hard to figure out. #dammitmo

PostPosted: February 11 19, 4:45 pm 
'Burb Boy

dmarx114 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Oh, I guess someone else signed a free agent who became an all star last season.

If we ignore facts, I suppose it is hard to figure out. #dammitmo

Yes, you are good at ignoring facts. Learning from them would complicate things, just like adding to the roster.

D
A
M
M
I
T
M
O

PostPosted: February 11 19, 7:23 pm 
Hall Of Famer

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
9 teams have a longer active postseason drought than the Cardinals, and most of them have been tanking.

Does this mean the Cardinals are at the bottom of those who aren't tanking?!?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 49  Next