Cubs Co-Owner's Incredibly Racist Emails Leaked

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Re: Cubs Co-Owner's Incredibly Racist Emails Leaked

Post by ThatGuy »

cardsfantx wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:I perused NSBB last night for the first time in years, and it looks like a lot of them are extremely disenchanted. Having the Ricketts family as owners was already a nice sh*t sandwich to have to swallow, and the Sinclair deal is an additional kick to the nuts. This season is not shaping up to be a fun one for a lot of their fans.

People complain about DeWitt sometimes, but that's got to be some kind of odd internal conflict when you love the team and hate the owners.
don't forget about still having Russell on the team, not getting harper, saying they don't have any money, haven't really done anything this offseason.

they're not a happy bunch
Yep, all of these issues were raised as well. It's been a quick fall from the World Series win.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Yet they're still favored to win the division by a couple wins.

I don't think they're done and I expect a big move early to mid season if they aren't where they need to be.

dan_yall
Veteran Player

Post by dan_yall »

In light of all this, I can't believe they didn't resign Arrieta. He was such a perfect fit with their MAGA grandpa owner.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

ThatGuy wrote: People complain about DeWitt sometimes, but that's got to be some kind of odd internal conflict when you love the team and hate the owners.
DeWitt is also really bad though. Who do you think George Bush's close friend voted for?

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
ThatGuy wrote: People complain about DeWitt sometimes, but that's got to be some kind of odd internal conflict when you love the team and hate the owners.
DeWitt is also really bad though. Who do you think George Bush's close friend voted for?
dear god man, can you come in with anything positive ever?? you just decide to jump on a thread, take a dump, and proceed to argue for 10 pages; rinse and repeat.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Everybody that voted for GW is automatically a "bad person"?

Hell, half the players on the team probably voted for him. Half the players in the league probably voted for him. They're all bad people?

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Socnorb11 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Everybody that voted for GW is automatically a "bad person"?

Hell, half the players on the team probably voted for him. Half the players in the league probably voted for him. They're all bad people?
I'd like to see a list all the racist, crappy, mean things dewitt has done.

or is he just an old white billionaire...because of that, he's automatically a racist, crappy, mean person?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Eh, depends on what you think is mean. He was business partners with the family of Osama bin Laden. He had a minor role in the orchestration of the Iraq War too.

Read into Arbusto and Spectrum 7 sometime.

One of DeWitt's business buddies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_bin_Laden

My guess is that you guys don't want to talk about this and will continue to lampoon the Cubs, which is fine I guess. I also think DeWitt practicing feudalism is ethically bad too.

Mods: I would put this in politics if I could--but the thread is kind of politically charged? Delete if you must.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I don't see anything about Dewitt or GW in that link.

Yes, we will continue to lampoon on the Cubs' ownership in this thread (see thread title).

You need your own thread to bash the Cardinals, rather than bringing into every single other thread, somehow.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Socnorb11 wrote:I don't see anything about Dewitt or GW in that link.

Yes, we will continue to lampoon on the Cubs' ownership in this thread (see thread title).

You need your own thread to bash the Cardinals, rather than bringing into every single other thread, somehow.
James Bath worked for the bin Ladens and Bush's Arbusto Energy. BDW's Spectrum 7 merged with them prior. BDW served on Bush's advisory board. This is all public domain.

I responded to someone mentioning DeWitt--so I don't know what your hangup is. Other people brought "MAGA grandpa" stuff. Not me. I didn't bash the Cardinals--just the owner. And drew a parallel to Cubs fans expressing discontent with the owner of their favorite team. I have the same hangups with the scummy [expletive] DeWitt does.