13%
No votes
87%

Total votes: 15

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: 1980s vs 1990s vs 2000s Pitcher's Poll

Post by Freed Roger »

BTW, I have had random non-baseball public sightings of Forsch, Tewks and Carp. (but no Tudor).

Forsch/Tewks were both at next table eating lunch at sports bar.

Carp at local Best Buy. Saw him inside and my wife gasped and exclaimed something like OMG Matt Carpenter!!
. Man, I love her, but kindly hustled her behind the big screens to clue her in.

A little bit later, I was in the parking lot saw Carp leaving and what looked like a Grandpa/grandson combo chased him down for an autograph which Carp happily obliged. It was sweet to watch.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I've never run into any of these guys outside of baseball but I have a plan to 'accidentally' run into Carp the next time I'm in Boston for work during the off season. One of my co-workers lives something like 10 doors down from Carp's New Hampshire home so I'm going to find a way to get myself invited to his house one night and then run up and down the street knocking on every door until I find Carp's house and meet him.

I imagine he'll invite me in and we'll have a few drinks, hang out all night and become best friends. The more likely scenario is that I end up arrested and he files a restraining order against me but it is worth the risk for the chance to become his new best friend.

Edit: I just did a little searching and my co-worker may have exaggerated just a bit about living in the same neighborhood but he's certainly close. Only 2.5 miles away and I guess if you drew a straight line between the two houses there would only be about 10 or 15 along the way. There is a lot of space between houses.
Last edited by tlombard on February 6 19, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Tony Womack

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger wrote:Tony Womack
Wrong thread Roger...you drink like I'm supposed to.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

tlombard wrote:I've never run into any of these guys outside of baseball but I have a plan to 'accidentally' run into Carp the next time I'm in Boston for work during the off season. One of my co-workers lives something like 10 doors down from Carp's New Hampshire home so I'm going to find a way to get myself invited to his house one night and then run up and down the street knocking on every door until I find Carp's house and meet him.

I imagine he'll invite me in and we'll have a few drinks, hang out all night and become best friends. The more likely scenario is that I end up arrested and he files a restraining order against me but it is worth the risk for the chance to become his new best friend.

Edit: I just did a little searching and my co-worker may have exaggerated just a bit about living in the same neighborhood but he's certainly close. Only 2.5 miles away and I guess if you drew a straight line between the two houses there would only be about 10 or 15 along the way. There is a lot of space between houses.
That's a brilliant plan....it's bound to work.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Carp and I could be neighbors. Where in NH does he live?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Radbird wrote:Carp and I could be neighbors. Where in NH does he live?
he made at least 98 million dollars

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Radbird wrote:Carp and I could be neighbors. Where in NH does he live?
Bedford. I forget the name of the street now that I closed the window but the information was surprisingly easy to find with a simple search. The White Pages website even listed phone current phone numbers (one in the St. Louis area code and one in NH).

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Carpenter was a regular back in the day to the point where he ordered the same thing before every home start. A gay couple I'm friends with who both used to work there would hang out with him and his wife on occasion. They said he liked them because they couldn't care less about baseball.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger wrote:BTW, I have had random non-baseball public sightings of Forsch, Tewks and Carp. (but no Tudor).
That's because the crafty lefthander Tudor refuses to be seen randomly.