20%
4%
38%

Total votes: 50

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Favorite Cardinals Home Runs-Postseason

Post by Radbird »

2004 NLCS Game 2 will always be special because the kid and I drove in for the game. Listened to Game 1 on KMOX which lessened the blow of having to drive across Kansas.

5th inning: Astros lead 3-0. Matheny whiffs, Anderson walks, Womack hits into FC then steals 2B, Walker homers, Pujols singles, Rolen homers. Edmonds whiffs. 4-3 Redbirds.

8th inning: Tied 4-4. Pujols homers, Rolen homers, Edmonds, Renteria, Sanders go down in order. 6-4 Good Guys.

9th inning: Izzy walks a couple but nails down the victory for a 2-0 series lead.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 0140.shtml

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Radbird wrote:Image
My favorite picture of So Clutch. Just a great baseball pic.
And that's why Wagner isn't in the HOF

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

pioneer98 wrote:An extremely under the radar one that I see did not make the cut was Rolen's in game 7 of the 2004 NLCS. It broke a tie in the 6th inning of a game 7, and it was off Roger Clemens, an all time great.
I actually had Rolen in the list originally; but had to cut one and ended up picking the Edmonds homer over Rolen's. It is always hard when you are trying to narrow down a list; end up leaving out some quality choices. But there will be other polls <3

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

IDK about homeruns, but I feel like that 2004 NLCS against the Stros was one of the greatest series. Seems like every game was hard fought between two excellent teams with the home team winning every game...just awesome.