GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 23 19, 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: March 1 19, 2:51 am 
All Hail the New GDT Master

PostPosted: March 1 19, 2:51 am 

PostPosted: March 1 19, 2:55 am 

Quote:
Invited to camp by Minor League instructor Tony Cruz, former shortstop Rafael Furcal addressed the team before roaming around the field during workouts on Thursday morning. His stop was the latest in a series of visits manager Mike Shildt has scheduled with members of previous Cardinals championship clubs.

Furcal, who played on the Cardinals’ 2011 World Series championship team, said the focus of his message was to “be a winner.”

“The best thing that ever happened,” he said afterward, “was when I got traded from LA to over here and won my first World Series.”

Other former champions, including Chris Carpenter and Jim Edmonds, have been around. The Cardinals hope to host Lou Brock next month, as well. The Cardinals even welcomed Zach Johnson, a two-time PGA Majors champion, to camp earlier in the week.

Quote:
Outfield prospect Lane Thomas remains day to day as he heals from a ribcage strain suffered during an at-bat on Sunday. Shildt described the injury as “not overly concerning,” and noted that Thomas is likely to resume baseball activities soon.

In order to create extra innings for pitchers who haven’t been able to get enough work in games, the Cardinals are planning to hold a handful of squad games. The first is tentatively scheduled for Saturday.

Alex Reyes is slated to throw his third round of live batting practice on Friday morning. If all goes well, Reyes’ next time on the mound will come in a Grapefruit League game.

After placing pitchers Jordan Hicks, Miller and Reyes on slightly slowed spring throwing programs, the Cardinals are set to include all three in their Grapefruit League plans by the end of next week.

Hicks will be up first, as he’s scheduled to throw an inning in Thursday’s home game against the Mets.

Miller threw a side session on Wednesday and is tentatively scheduled to make his organization debut during the team’s three-day road trip through Lakeland, Clearwater and Tampa next week.

Reyes’ first appearance is likely to come soon after. The rehabbing right-hander threw his second session of live BP on Monday and is slated to do so again later in the week. If all goes well, that’s expected to be his final step before receiving clearance for game action.

John Gant will be next to audition for the Cardinals’ open rotation spot when he takes the mound to start Friday’s 5:05 p.m. CT road game against the Astros. The right-hander threw two scoreless innings in his spring debut earlier this week. Left-handed reliever Andrew Miller is also scheduled to make his organizational debut in the game.

PostPosted: March 1 19, 11:35 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

CardsofSTL wrote:
Quote:
Invited to camp by Minor League instructor Tony Cruz, former shortstop Rafael Furcal addressed the team before roaming around the field during workouts on Thursday morning. His stop was the latest in a series of visits manager Mike Shildt has scheduled with members of previous Cardinals championship clubs.

Furcal, who played on the Cardinals’ 2011 World Series championship team, said the focus of his message was to “be a winner.”

“The best thing that ever happened,” he said afterward, “was when I got traded from LA to over here and won my first World Series.”

Other former champions, including Chris Carpenter and Jim Edmonds, have been around. The Cardinals hope to host Lou Brock next month, as well. The Cardinals even welcomed Zach Johnson, a two-time PGA Majors champion, to camp earlier in the week.

What no mimes??

PostPosted: March 1 19, 12:10 pm 
99% conan clips

stupid this isn't being televised

PostPosted: March 1 19, 12:39 pm 

Jocephus wrote:
stupid this isn't being televised

Yeah .. It's a Friday game so wtf

PostPosted: March 1 19, 3:29 pm 
Everday Unicorn

Sounds like Alex Reyes is about ready to see game action

PostPosted: March 1 19, 3:40 pm 
just can't quit you.

PostPosted: March 1 19, 3:44 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Radbird wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Quote:

What no mimes??

PostPosted: March 1 19, 3:51 pm 
just can't quit you.